2016 05 18-20 Ouishare Fest

(Adrien Labaeye) #1

Call for sessions is open until 31st of December! http://2016.ouisharefest.com/
Should we submit something? They insist on unsual formats.
A VoCamp? (a vocabulary camp where a community refines the vocabularies it uses to describes things [link?])
@almereyda @josefkreitmayer

(Gualter Barbas Baptista) #2

Yes, lets “schedule” the two first (Geo)VoCamps for 2016 :smile:

(Jon Richter) #3

@alabaeye @gandhiano The form for entries lives at https://ouisharefest.typeform.com/to/TTSxdV .
The questions relating a workshop contribution are as follows.
Let’s scribe our answers until the day after tomorrow in this wiki post together.

4. Subject and contribution type

a. Which of the following subjects does your contribution relate to most:

• Business
  • Tech
  • Environment
  • Culture
  • Finance
  • Education
  • Work
  • Society

b. What other subject does your contribution relate to?

• Environment
  • Business
  • Finance
  • Society
  • Work
  • Culture
  • Education
  • Tech

c. What is one main question you are seeking to address with your proposal?

Be original and specific! Questions such as “how the collaborative economy helps address social issues” might be too vague, while “Is Uber part of the collaborative economy” has already been extensively discussed. A good question has a specific angle and combines at least two themes (work and tech for example, or politics and environment).

d. What key questions do you think should be addressed at the next OuiShare Fest?

Besides your contribution, we are sure you have plenty of ideas of what we should talk about! This field is completely free, please tell us whatever you want (1200 characters max)

e. Describe your expertise on the subject you want to address with your contribution!

If you have published papers, given talks, presentations or are leading a project in this area, this is the right time to tell us and share related links!

f. I would like to propose:

• Myself as a speaker
  • A Workshop
  • An installation (of art or any other type)
  • A pitch of my startup or project

5. I want to propose a workshop

We love workshops because they are the most participative and result-oriented formats. When performed badly, without tight methodology, they tend to be particularly disappointing. Please insist on your methodology and the results you are seeking to achieve!

a. Workshop abstract

Please describe the workshop in less than 1200 characters

b. Workshop methodology

Please describe how you would proceed to organise the workshop, as well as the tools you will use.

c. What will be the workshop’s deliverables?

An object, a prototype, a report, a summary, recommendations, etc.

d. Room set up

How should we prepare the room (tables, seets), the tools you will need (number of paperboards) and whether you have special needs (move in a specific object or tool for example)

e. Additional support

Would you need help to organize the room and / or facilitate the session?

f. Your workshop’s ideal duration

g. What is the minimal duration of your workshop

If your workshop is too long, it may be difficult for us to fit it into the program even we love it! Please specify if the duration can be reduced to:

Choose as many as you like

• 0:45
  • 1:30
  • Its duration can’t be reduced

(Adrien Labaeye) #4

OuiShare Fest 16 Call for Contributions is now CLOSED!
You can still propose a contribution to the Fest 16 program through our LATE APPLICATION. However, please bear in mind that Late Applications (submitted after December 31st 2015) will be assessed on a rolling basis, and only after all proposals submitted in time have been considered.”

First ideas how to design something meaningful that goes in the direction of a VoCamp in 1h30? I haven’t much ideas now.

(Jon Richter) #5

I now strongly believe we are not taking part at OuiShare Fest this year due to a missing Labs Camp.
But I could imagine @josefkreitmayer will represent there his role of OuiShare Connector Austria.

(Josef Kreitmayer) #6

@almereyda,
I very likely will not be at Ouishare Fest this year, in order to fully focus on delivering CHEST and SSEDAS, which I believe then are also the viable visible outputs, that are worth to further publish and involve the general public.

(Adrien Labaeye) #7

yeah, seems we won’t be there, and that won’t be a problem.

(Wendy Brawer) #8

A new session for accelerating open has been announced at OuiShare - http://2016.ouisharefest.com/forward - perhaps a good opportunity for Transfomap?

(Adrien Labaeye) #9

Yes, I saw that yesterday. I’ll ask the team gathered in Witzenhausen now about their thoughts. It may be a challenge to participate given the tensed working phase and deadlines. But definitely to consider!