2016 08 26 - 09 04 Degrowth Open House - Budapest

(Josef Kreitmayer) #1

##The “Transformap Open House” Appartment at the Degrowth Conference

is available as convivalent space from 26th of August to 4th September 2016 in Budapest.

Stay, connect, meet and greet, cowork, and prepare Transformap related sessions for the conference.
Be invited and feel free to invite others for an announced visit.

• Space for up to 10 people (if fully booked up to 13)
  • Stable internet 20mbps down / 3mpbs up
  • Located 15 min from Degrowth Conference venue Corvinus University
    • Tram 83 is at the door and goes directly to the university.
    • Walking distance 1,4 km.
  • Community kitchen
  • separate bathroom and kitchen
  • Towels and sheets provided (maybe bring your own towel, if there might not be enough)
  • we have 4 keys to share

Be welcome to stay as Transformap crew and friends.
Friends are invited to contribute financially to the rent of the appartment 10-15€ per night. (If you are already contributing to Transformap, never mind).
Please announce interest to stay with us here + a short mail to mapping@transformap.co

#Arrival Information:

The doorbell is no 20.

Full address:
Kis Stáció utca nº5 apart 20,
3rd floor in the left corner opposit the entrance.
Budapest 1082

Please announce your arrival times, to make sure, that someone is in the flat.
With little dis-orientation, it takes about 30 min from the Trainstation Budapest Keleti to come here.

Easiest way from Trainstation Budapest Keleti
(if the ticket machines are working) is

• take the Metro M4 two stations to “Rákóczi tér”.
  • There head boulevard “József krt” to the left.
  • You can either take tram 4 or 6 to the next station “Harminckettesek tere”, or just walk that one station.
  • Close to “Harminckettesek tere” is the street “Barros u” with a small triangular square and the statue of some guy.
  • “Kis Stáció utca” is the small street there at the right side of the quare.

2016 08 30 Degrowth conference - Budapest
2016 08 30 Degrowth conference - Budapest
(lanka) #10

Hi everyone! Me and my professor / PhD supervisor will be attending degrowth and would love to share your space. We will present a topic around food democracy and I will also host a stand on food and seed freedom. I am in the low to no budget secton but my supervisor is just low budget;-) I am vegetarian and my supervisor will adapt. Hope you will have us!

Sorry the dates! 28 August to 3 September. Our names are Lanka and Jose Luis.

(lanka) #13

Hi again people, it looks like I will have to give up our two spaces, meanwhile our group has grown and a friend of a friend offered to host us. In any case, I will try to come and visit you, since we have contacts and projects in common. I have been on transformaps a while now with a different email but never filled out my profile. I will see if I can merge the two accounts and have two email addresses…
As I mentioned before, my thing is food and seed freedom / democracy, I am running the Portuguese seed Freedom campaign and an organising member of the Portuguese ecologist NGO GAIA. Will keep in touch, follow you through transformaps.

(Josef Kreitmayer) #16

To get an overview about the bookings:

The place has 10 beds with a potential for up to 13 beds.

@asdx (Emre with Özge) from 30th on.

• Kristina from Fairbindung from 30th to 4th (arrives with @gandhiano)
  • Neele from Fairbindung from 31st to 3rd (both contacts from @gandhiano)
  • Philip from 30th ~ 14:00 to 3rd (contact from @josefkreitmayer)
  • Lilian from 30th morning (contact from @gandhiano)

##There is 1 more place available for the whole timeframe of the open house, as well as the whole timeframe of the degrowth conference.

(Josef Kreitmayer) #18

@wellemut
I remember a request from you to stay at the house.
Could you confirm that with dates, and if someone would join you?
thx : )

(Jon Richter) #21

@Paul_Free What’s your travelling plans for next week, do you feel like hanging out with us during the Degrowth conference?

(asdx) #24

Hello,

I’m coming with Özge on Tuesday evening, around 19.00 . So i hope there’ll be enough place still.

See you there.
Emre.

(Josef Kreitmayer) #25

The doorbell is no 20.

Full address:
Kis Stáció utca nº5 apart 20,
3rd floor in the left corner opposit the entrance.
Budapest 1082

Please announce your arrival times, to make sure, that someone is in the flat.
With little dis-orientation, it takes about 30 min from the Trainstation Budapest Keleti to come here.

Easiest way from Trainstation Budapest Keleti
(if the ticket machines are working) is

• take the Metro M4 two stations to “Rákóczi tér”.
  • There head boulevard “József krt” to the left.
  • You can either take tram 4 or 6 to the next station “Harminckettesek tere”, or just walk that one station.
  • Close to “Harminckettesek tere” is the street “Barros u” with a small triangular square and the statue of some guy.
  • “Kis Stáció utca” is the small street there at the right side of the quare.

(Josef Kreitmayer) #26

@asdx we will have a double bed in a shared room for you.

(asdx) #27

Thanks Josef!

For the adress & very detailed transportation options. We will be coming 18.28 “officialy” but let’s see what happens :slight_smile: I guess trains will be delaying for sure. So please do your own plan and than we will see what happens.

i’ll call Gualter & Jon or any others if we can arrive on time and if we will be in need of help to find the place. if not will be drinking or eating something. But we will try to catch the opening panel: “Degrowth in semi-periphary context” by doing something: “we don’t know what it can be”.

Arrival time: Budapest Keleti - 18.28

See you there.
Thanks again.

Anybody wants something from Witzenhausen?

(Michael Maier) #28

I’ve catched a cold (or something like that) and can’t promise when I’ll be there. As soon as I feel better, I will take the next train. I hope for Sunday evening or Monday.

(Michael Maier) #29

Is it this one? https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/3444645951#map=17/47.48993/19.07435

(Josef Kreitmayer) #30

yes, it is : )

(Gualter Barbas Baptista) #31

Lilian is also joining our house tomorrow, so please count one more occupation.

(özge) #32

hello Josef,

Thanks for your help! See u in Budapest…

özge

(Paul Free) #33

just read your message right now. and yes would defently like to spend some
time with you. :slight_smile:

We have aswell a place in case you need once a place to crash in the night.

lg Paul