8 - 10 nov 2016 ⯇ reappropriating transformaps ⯈

seminar
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fb724b4ec80>

(Jon Richter) #1

The coincidential tempospatial configuration of @maxlath and me being in Berlin at the same time invites for a series of small reoverlappings of the local communities. Who else is in town and would like to meet?

On Monday, the 7th at 18:00 already, you are also invited to come to the 11th public event ‘Werkstadtgespräch’ of SenStadtUm (link follows).

So far I have talked to @toka, Alex Corbi and Ingo Keck about this window of opportunity. Additionally I would especially like to know from @kei, @Anne and @alabaeye if they are around.

Meeting on Tuesday in this constellation may have surprising results.

Should we organise another community dinner on wednesday afternoon in Thinkfarm? It may be most interesting to @Giuliana, @klaus, @fraukehehl, Marian Dörk, Heike Löschmann, @rene, Kristina Utz, @severinhalder and Max Godt, who live in the region, to hear about recent developments.

I wonder if we once could bridge these circles more sufficiently to Wikimedia and OK. Code for Berlin is a massive venue, one could fill it with life.

(Jon Richter) #2

@gandhiano Can you send her an Invite to this thread? (button below)

@alabaeye Can you ping him, in case

?

(kei) #3

Hi @almereyda, when would these meetings take place exactly, from the 7th to 10th of November? I know a few other people who may be interested in joining.

(a.corbi) #4

Count me in. I’ll be in Berlin as well and willing to catch-up and get a sense on what is everyone up to these days.

@almereyda is this where you would like me to talk about http://github.com/OpenDevelopmentMekong/wpckan/ ?

(Jon Richter) #5

Yes, and maybe also about how @toka, me and others could try to build something similiar for our custom directory in the Semantic MediaWiki

before eventually discarding it altogether, given the ecosystem of integrations CKAN provides. I still can’t let go of looking at http://ec-melodies.github.io/demo-portal/

(Jon Richter) #6

Exact locations are

(Adrien Labaeye) #7

I’m in.
Transformap kitchen is booked for 9.11
I’ll ping Marian when there is a more precise agenda.

Do you think it would also be interesting to plan a Transformap presentation at Maptime? Alsino once suggested it. As things as coming together on a technical level, it may be time to present some tool (ETL+API) with the test results…

(Jon Richter) #8

Not before the end of the year, I think. But yes, we’re already looking at November.
They have no session planned yet, but given their recent schedule there may be a last chance some time December? Could be interesting to think of a little tour (sharing content between presentations), considering Code for Berlin, Clean Tech and other connections in town we already made.

(Klaus Prätor) #9

Hallo Jon,
leider überblicke ich diesen Zeitraum nicht. Vom 4. bis zum 6.11. bin ich in Nürnberg und werde entweder früher hin- oder später zurückfahren. Die Entscheidung liegt aber nicht in meiner Hand. Ich habe mir den Termin aber notiert.
Interessiert bin ich nach wie vor, obwohl mein Zeitbudget offensichtlich nicht dafür ausreicht. Mal sehen

Liebe Grüße
Klaus

„Es ist nicht gesagt, dass es besser wird, wenn es anders wird.
Wenn es aber besser werden soll, muss es anders werden.“
Georg Christoph Lichtenberg (1742-99)

(Ingo Keck) #10

Hi, I am happy to meet anytime on the 8. or 9. Just keep me updated on when and where, please.

On the 10.11. there is the Word Usability Day with the topic of usability and sustainability where I will give a talk about open data and usability. That conference may also be interesting for you.

(Adrien Labaeye) #11

I have made changes in my plans. This means I will not be in Berlin at that time. The second thing is that I definitely moved out of Thinkfarm… so this means another person would be needed in Thinkfarm to take over the responsibility of the dinner or to find another place…
Sorry for that, but there were contingent factors. Hope that goes well!

(fraukehehl) #12

hi jon,

wuerdest du mir hierzu ein update schicken ?

gibt es zB ein dinner am 9.11. abends ?

ich freu mich auf deine infos, frauke

(Jon Richter) #13

Hallo @fraukehehl,

danke, dass du nachfragst. Ich möchte gerne am 9.11. festhalten, auch wenn die Lage hier in WIZ nicht viele Vorbereitungen zuließ, insb. auch zu den anderen Tag- und Themenvorschlägen.

Ich könnte versuchen Kontakt mit einigen Thinkfarmen aufzunehmen, bspw. Kristina oder Nele, die auch mit in Budapest waren. @gandhiano, @alabaeye Könntet ihr mir den Kontakt zukommen lassen?
Der Termin sollte ja eigentlich geblockt sein.

@ingokeck Der 10. klingt interessant. Am 9. abends in der Oranienstraße (Thinkfarm) wäre schön. 8. Kann ich erst am Wochenende ausloten, da ich mir zum Geburtstag meine Dokumentationen geschrotet habe und noch bei der Wiederherstellung bin.

@kei AFAIK doesn’t join anymore.

@Giuliana @rene @klaus @maxlath @toka Habt ihr Interesse auf ein konviviales Statusupdate?

(Klaus Prätor) #14

Interesse habe ich durchaus großes, aber ich kann nicht kommen, weil ich noch die ganze nächste Woche Termine in Franken habe.
Schöne Grüße aus Nürnberg
Klaus

Klaus Prätor, Kreuzstr. 18 b, 13187 Berlin
fest:030-44045230. mobil:0151-40766867

„Es ist nicht gesagt, dass es besser wird, wenn es anders wird.
Wenn es aber besser werden soll, muss es anders werden.“
Georg Christoph Lichtenberg (1742-99)

8., 9. oder 10. sind für mir alles gut. Just let me know :slight_smile:

(Ingo Keck) #16

Ok, dann komm ich am 9. (morgen) abends in die Oranienstraße. Soll ich was mitbringen?

Btw, die Webseiten zum Usability Kongress sind http://2016.wud-berlin.de. Ich bin um 15:30 Uhr dran, Teilnahme ist kostenlos.

(Adrien Labaeye) #17

Hey there. Sorry for late answer, I’m traveling in mountains and just checking the internet now.
As far as I know no other contact with someone at Thinkfarm was made… this is problematic. More problematic is that the place is actually now booked for an internal Thinkfarm meeting, tomorrow as well.
So the meeting there tonight cannot happen. I’m sorry for that. I thought when writing a month ago that someone would take care of those arrangements earlier.

(Jon Richter) #18

Liebe Leute,

bitte entschuldigt das dieswöchige Chaos. Das meinen vermeintlichen Besuch auslösende 11. Werkstattgespräch ist kurzfristig verschoben worden und zu Hause wurde ein Mitbewohner rausgeschmissen, während der Vermieter uns generell nicht mehr im Haus haben möchte.

It is a pity the handover of responsibilities locally at Thinkfarm didn’t work out.

I believe this was too vague in terms of either (a) who is going to find such a person and (b) who precisely from our network would be available there.

Dann bitte ich erneut um euer Verständnis und den vielen Lärm um nichts, auch wenn hoffentlich nicht immer alles in meiner Hand liegt.

Grüße aus dem Witzenhäuser Entreprecariat,

Jon