I have added a small formula which you just need to extend further down. I've gotten the idea to look for it while thinking of the geocoder the OKFN Timemap Sheets use.
@toka Could you update the code so it generates small letters?
Update 06.03.2014: This issue isn't resolved, yet.
The old link, which has been publicly accessible online the latest since beginning of May last year, does still show the contact details. It should be swapped with the current clean table by
- reverting to the first available version,
- deleting all additional tables (Is anyone really using them?) and
- publishing it to the web.
I tried the lattest with the current clean one. After reinitializing
dat.transformap.co with an empty dat repository (
dat init on the server) I could then easily run the following:
if [ ! -d $DAT ]; then mkdir -p $DAT; fi && cd $DAT
dat clone $PROTO$SOURCE && cd $SOURCE
wget -O $FILE https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1o3ghnT2jEsxlAGeG96gf1LrOgAVyhku5_e-lVzCrl4Y/export?format=csv && cat $FILE | dat import --csv
dat push $PROTO$SOURCE
Unfortunately this still doesn't consider changes and only appends everything ever and ever again. We may want to use daff for the intermediary step. (dat and daff )
wget part could also be exchanged with
curl, if one wants to omit storing a
csv locally next to the dat. If such a clone exists already, one changed into the
$SOURCE folder and issued
dat pull $PROTO$SOURCE instead for updating the local copy.
Further on, all improvements regarding UUIDs, thanks @toka for the menu entry, however that came into existence, have only been applied on the old link. We still have no workflow to securely share the UUIDs between both instances.
Again, using Google Docs as a database, as appealing as it may have been and continues to be, turns out to be a bad choice. This will have to be one main objective for an initial 2015 monkeys call.