Berlin Atlas of Maps - MPI & TransforMap collaboration

(Adrien Labaeye) #1

It was decided to explore how the experience of (Lorenzo, Jan…) in visualizing various maps on one page could be made useful (using page code?) for TransforMap. Similarly, MPI could benefit from our mapping of the mappings to extend the Berlin Atlas.

We should meet before the end of February (Jan, Lorenzo, Adrien, @almereyda)! In the mean time we can exchange info here.

Berlin : regular TransforMap get-togethers?
[archived] Managing contact data in the Mapping of the Mappings
(Michael Vesely) #2

Is this just not working in my browser or is it really just a nearly empty page with tiny nameless symbols, that each jump off to a new window? :frowning:

(Jon Richter) #3

Did you try another browser? Firefox seems to have problems for me, Chrome displayed well. Seems they didn’t cross-browser optimize their application.

(Adrien Labaeye) #4

Hey, had never tried with other browsers. Chrome and Explorer are fine, Firefox not…

(Michael Vesely) #5

That’s it Seems to need one of the more commercial browsers :wink: Okey then.

(Adrien Labaeye) #6

maybe they use chromium… :wink:

(Adrien Labaeye) #7

hey there, just noticed that have a quite nice way to display the (mind)maps (very close to Their code is forkable on github, didn’t look at the license but it’s generally open source

(Michael Vesely) #8

Yeah it’s a kind of concept maps they do. I like their aproach of interrelating them. Have a look at I created in February. … and search for TransforMap to find more.

(Jon Richter) #9

Was there any kind of outcome from this session?

A paper, video, transcript recording discussion documentation; anything?

(Adrien Labaeye) #10

nothing happened.

(Jon Richter) #11

Severin told me he was there. If he has a summary?

(Adrien Labaeye) #12

Lorenzo told me recently that they have stopped the m-pi atlas.

(Adrien Labaeye) #13