Another map jam happened yesterday at Agora and Andreas Arnold wrote:
Yesterday we had a small but beautiful map jam in Agora. And we figured that it’s a long way from collecting and organizing data on sharing projects to a proper map! Nevertheless, I have a good feeling that this was just the start of a regular meeting group. The outcome can be seen on www.sharingberlin.de and whoever wants to contribute is welcome join the conversation, attend next meetings and state some content in the following form: http://tinyurl.com/sharingberlin
Following those map jams, there is now interest from various people to meet in Berlin regularly around mapping the sharing economy/alternatives.
Therefore, I would suggest that we start a regular Berlin TransforMap meetup coordinated by @almereyda and myself (and Andreas Arnold). I see this as a protyping community where we will try various solutions (already trying) for building a Berlin TransforMap, not necessarily caring for the whole TransforMap issues. I see two specific contributions from this group:
- technical task force: eg. setting up a Berlin uMap or even prepare hackathons to develop specific open software chunk for the transformap technical infrastructure (eg. improving uMap to allow multiple simultaneous editing).
- social: building the TransforMap mappers community in Berlin and starting the process of taxonomy/ontology alignment.
I offer to coordinate this process.
- Pit van de Loo, Green Map Berlin ( @almereyda @wellemut : can we try to meet with him soon to see how to cooperate?)
- @almereyda @wellemut @alabaeye
- Andreas Arnold, Leihbar, Ouishare
- Thomas Dönnenbrink
- Thinkfarm people: Stefan Sayer (IT engineer), Benjamin Diedrichsen (programmer), Sinnwerkstatt
- other participants from map jams