I am starting a bi-weekly community report process.
ping: @almereyda @species @gandhiano @josefkreitmayer @toka
first issue is to be found here: https://discourse.transformap.co/t/community-report-1-31st-march-2016/1011
- Goal: bridge the wider community with the technical (and social) development.
- Frequence: every 2 weeks
- Description: I envision 3 sections:
- tech development: update of what was done, new releases, and what is planned in the next two weeks
- community process: welcoming new people checking in the Who's who, reporting on interactions (eg. Shareable mapjam...), new, upcoming events...
- project management updates: sometimes there may be a need to give an update from that perspective: eg. contract has been renegotiated.
- By every Monday (midnight) of every uneven week, the tech team (Gualter, Jon, Michael...), the project management team (Gualter, Josef) would make a short report. Community would be encouraged to report things in this very section or email me for addition to the community report. An automatic remider to the mailing list could be set up for that purpose.
- By every Wednesday (midnigth) of every uneven week: information will be aggregated into a community report by me (support welcome).
- It will be sent every Thursday of every uneven week late morning to the mailing lists and posted on twitter and written here in this very thread (or a different one).
- Every Friday of every uneven week, the community will have the opportunity to ask questions during a hangout.
Anyone who would like to support that process now or once it's started is welcome. I'm not planning to spend more than three hours every two weeks on that task.
Next deadline is coming Monday for publishing on Thursday. Given it's Easter, let's say Tuesday. Please write here a concise update following the proposed structure before Tuesday.