Bulk import spreadsheet template develpoment for SSEDAS project

ssedas
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f9f027da070>

(Josef Kreitmayer) #1

@species
I reworked the current first draft of the template, that we pre-test with Inkota.

Column G (the main OSM-Tags or in OSM-language “Primary features”) needs some more condesing and facilitation. There are many options not relevant for the partners, e.g. “highway” or other geographical options.

1. I would testrun it with Alessa, and ask her to put a very general free tag that she would think fit, and then walk through the categories.
  2. From the Wiki, I think we need to produce a version, that is
  • concentrated of main-tagging POIs
  • sorted, and puts POI-Categories, that are very unlikely for us (amenty - sauna e.g.) and in the end as “other possible categories”
  • online, and visually easily understandable, so that we can share the link with the partners

(Michael Maier) #4

About Column G: Since yesterday I’m compiling a list of POI-Type Names with their respective OSM-Tags, can send you that.

And about the Coordinates (Columns U,V): I would write "will be calculated from Geocoder if not supplied).
I would be very happy if the partner supplies coordinates, as this reduces further work a lot (getting coordinates manually if we don’t find a free source)

(Josef Kreitmayer) #5

just to know about the geo-coder. The one we are using, is free/open?

(Michael Maier) #6

It has to be if we want to work with OSM^^

Yes, and the ones we are using are free:

• OSM Nominatim (includes US TIGER data)
  • yet-to-be-installed Nominatim with http://OpenAddresses.io data
  • yet-to-be-installed database with Austrian address data - use of single addresses permitted.

(Josef Kreitmayer) #7

@species what does “please prefix with country code,” in columns I mean in the “template - SSEDAS Mapping_v.0.2-de”?
What is the user story to implement that information?

(Josef Kreitmayer) #8

@species
Is it a good idea to write (max 200 signs) in the “short description” columns descriptions?

(Josef Kreitmayer) #9

@species
addr:country is country or country-code, or does not matter?

(Josef Kreitmayer) #10

@species
why did you put example geo-codes into the example. I thought, we agreed on coding them ourselves, as we would need to check them anyway, if provided… or could run into the problem, that they are coming from a google map?

(Michael Maier) #11

The coordinates are optional, I put them there to show how the format should look like (“43.123456” instead of “43,123456” or “43°12’45"”)

Maybe a comment should be added like “only add geocodes if you are sure that they are not copyrightet, e.g. taken from Google maps”?

(Michael Maier) #12

That is for the telephone numbers: you shouldn’t write e.g. “0 3843 12345”, but “+43 3843 12345” so calling that number works from the whole world instead of only originating from that country.

Addr:country is meant to be in ISO-ISO_3166-1_alpha-2 Codes (e.g. DE for Germany).
This is one of the things the intelligent template should handle - there will be a drop-down to choose literate names like Germany, and the value will be saved as “DE”.

Yes, make it 250 chars. The template will not allow HTML or links there, only plain text, and color it green/yellow/orange/red if it gets too long. Shorter descriptions (50 chars) are more common and generally received better.

(Josef Kreitmayer) #13

@species,

today we distributed v.16 of the template and v1.03 of the Guide to the Partners.

• I would love to put them on Github and document the changes I made, but do not understand, how to do that.
  • The current practice of not putting versioning numbers in Github should be changed IMHO, as it does not provide enough information, which version it currently is.

Improvements on How To Guide v.1.03:

• broken links fixed (previously the links to the annexes was still that to the hackpad we worked in)
  • small changes in the structuring of the annexes.
  • last annex is now also data contribution and licensing agreement, that each partner has to sign.

Improvements on Data Collection Template v.16:

• In the note for the image name, there was missing, that no special signs, space, number is allowed.

That version was distributed to the partners.

Improvements on Data Collection Template v.17:

• The information was added to the note, that more than one telephone number or emailadress needs to be separated with semicolon ( ; ).

That template now needs to be tested by a windows user, to see if it is working properly.

(Josef Kreitmayer) #14

@species
Improvement requests from a partner in Poland:

Please note that the POI types are spelt inconsistently (some start with a capital letter, some don’t; most are singular, but some are plural for no apparent reason). You might want to check that.