CHEST+SSEDAS combined budget proposal

(Josef Kreitmayer) #1

Hello @Scrum Team,

here is a current first draft, of SSEDAS and CHEST combined. It includes all expressed needs by all of us and has about 16000€ left for freelance bounty to include people beyond the scope of our team capabilities.

##IMHO the 16000€ bounty is too little compared to the need of competencies beyond our current team.

Where I see a possible need of ressources, beyond what we can provide in competency or what would be available in the current budget:

• Editor (currently estimated) with 4700€
  • UI including Icon-Design and Responsiveness (currently estimated) with 4300€
  • ETL (currently estimated) with 4200€
  • The app for SSEDAS is not even in the budget yet
  • Development of a reference Taxonomy & LOD interoperability (not yet included)
  • free freelance bounty (currently estimated with) available 6500€
  • funds for other contributors in the TransforMap field, that engaged / engage producitvely and involved

##The next step IMHO is, to develop specifications and see, what we can provide “inhouse” and where we need other qualities.

We can draw from:

Strategies for Mapping the eco-social and solidarity economy in soldarity
Community Report #1: 31st March 2016
(Gualter Barbas Baptista) #2

Thanks for this overview @josefkreitmayer.

A few questions to the @Scrum team members:

1. how do you feel about this listing of deliverables/features/services and their allocation?
  2. does it reflect your expectation, needs and capacities?
  3. are we able to deliver these things on time, as they are described and allocated now?
  4. do you want to propose yourself, or someone else, for any of the items on the table?
  5. is there anything missing from the table?
  6. is there any item which you feel to be superfluous or not properly allocated?

Feedback and comments from the TransforMap community are also obviously welcome.

(Gualter Barbas Baptista) #3

I have a first question:

Why is M. Veseley getting 1400 €? As far as I know, he was involved on an earlier phase of the project (before CHEST), but dropped out at some point did not contribute in any way to fulfill any of the CHEST deliverables. If this is the case, I don’t think we should allocate money for it, CHEST should be used to pay real developments and contributions to TransforMap.

Please correct me or clarify if I am missing something.

Alignment with Real Economy Lab
(Adrien Labaeye) #4

I don’t know what is the status of the budgeting, but if a couple hundred euros are available (I believe they are from the line that was budgeted for me in december/Jan), I would suggest make a bounty for building the import function into metamaps. That would allow one step more to the convergence of existing tools that have a large relevant user base. Personnally I find metamaps very useful and an import function from a csv file (a table) would be awesome functionality; helping communities developing collective awareness. That could be substantiated (by me) in the report as a strategic action to strengthened the ecosystem around transformap.
For reference: https://twitter.com/Connoropolous/status/711170162737553408

(Gualter Barbas Baptista) #5

I very much like the proposal to extend/plug in to metamaps. As part of an application on degrowth (Erasmus+, unfortunately not funded), we already wrote a text for an intellectual output, which was combining geomapping and mapping degrowth pathways between local and global communities. I think that was a great idea and would be happy to share this text and get some concrete funding for it.

I don’t think the budget from CHEST would suffice for a proper implementation, but maybe for some proof of concept, on which we could then expand in other applications.

(Josef Kreitmayer) #6

currently we have -6000 in the CHEST/SSEDAS Budget.

(Gualter Barbas Baptista) #7

What is that exactly meaning? It means that instead of 16000 for freelance bounties, we only (still) have 10000? That would be enough to pay the hundred euros of such implementation, if we deem it necessary.

(Josef Kreitmayer) #8

@gandhiano, it means, with currently are overbudgeted with -6000. The current budget would leave us with bank accounts of -6000, if we spend that. For freelance, we got within that (over-)budget 5500 unalocated.

(Gualter Barbas Baptista) #9

I did not have the idea that we finished budgeting. we did the CHEST part and wanted to further iterate with SSEDAS for combining, right? Or did you work further on it with @almereyda?

(Josef Kreitmayer) #10

right!
@gandhiano
we go on tomorrow
@almereyda, 10:00 tomorrow is still on?

looking forward

(Adrien Labaeye) #11

Ok, let me know guys, when you’ve advanced on the budget.

(Josef Kreitmayer) #12

practical information about current development of the budget, find here: https://trello.com/c/0zEeKeNR/2-align-chest-ssedas-budget