Finding the shortest description of TransforMap

(Thomas Kalka) #43

Ich finde den Ansatz reizvoll, vor den Beschreibungen den Namen stehen zu lassen.

Damit müsste dann klar sein, dass sich nicht alle Beteiligten diesen Hut automatisch aufsetzen müssen …

(Silke ) #44

vor welchen Beschreibungen?
Meinst Du unsere Namen, die vor einzelnen TransforMap Beschreibungen stehen bleiben?

(Thomas Kalka) #45

Ja, genau.

(Adrien Labaeye) #46

I very much like

However, I think there is more than just a commons transition going on and that TransforMap is not only focusing on commoning (even if I personally am very much focusing on it :smile: ).

I would suggest the following:

TransforMap is a techno-social (or socio-technical which I like more) architecture to vizualize local alternatives to the mainstream [economics]

• depending on the context “economics” could go. But without context, I think this is needed.
  • I think “local” is important. We map things that have a locality.
  • Talking about mainstream is convenient as we don’t have to define it further. This is a term used in the sustainability transition or Transformationsforschung scientific literature. Out of the mainstream are the niches. There are multiple, not always fitting to our normative frame (however still relatively vague), but the architecture we proposed is open and we don’t know about everything right? And for the sake of simplicity I find it compelling enough.

(Silke ) #47

having read @alabaeye 's proposal:
I agree with the socio-technical, but would not use the term LOCAL (as many networks etc aren’t; nor use “economics” as the whole thing in essence is about culture.

New, slightly different suggestion from the original one:

"TransforMap is a socio-technical platform to visualize the commons transition."
and if we cannot agree on the “commons transition” which I understand, why not:

“TransforMap is a socio-technical platform to visualize the cultural and economic paradigm shift.”

(Adrien Labaeye) #48

I don’t understand. We are doing spatial mapping. The networks we map are by essence network of places that have a locality. I see the adjective ‘local’ being at the core of what we’re doing, of our rational. Then why using spatial maps?
We’re showin the diversity of alternatives that are where the people live. We’re showing points of interest that have geo coordinates. So we need to reflect that and I think the adjective ‘local’ is of importance then.

I find that quite vague and unspeficied for so many words. If economics is a problem, we can talk about “alternatives to the mainstream”. “The mainstream” describes what is common; the norm including culture as well as economic practices/policies. The current norm being now: the neoliberal order and its “there is no alternatives” motto.
That could go as follows:

TransforMap is a socio-technical architecture (or infrastructure) to vizualize local alternatives to the mainstream

Using scrum in the production of techno-social commons within Transformap
(Jon Richter) #49

Hmm.

You may want to try to replace #15MMM with TransforMap for a moment. But I suspect this language is way too overshooting.

Eventflow patterns in uncentralizing coopetition
(Thomas Kalka) #51

Es wäre Zeit, diesen Thread (und die Beschreibungen) zu überarbeiten.
Im letzten Mumble (xTODO:Link) hatten wir kurz über mögliche Ziele von Transformap gesprochen. Sollten wir diese hier oder in einem anderen Thread sammeln ?

Mailing lists
(Jon Richter) #52

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Transformap mailing lists

Mailing lists
(Y'a la merde!) #53

Ja, wir könnten bspw. den Care Seitenstrang in einen neuen extrahieren.
Dann ließen sich sicher auch einige der Diskussionen darunter zusammenfassen.
Letztendlich sollte über die Visionen oder Ziele aber an einem dedizierten Ort beraten werden.

Auf Taiga gibt es einen Tracker dafür: