Flatsheet

http://flatsheet.io/

Flatsheet is a tool for managing tabular data with a friendly editor and a simple JSON API. The editor allows the creation of rows and columns of data, similar to a spreadsheet. The JSON API exposes that data so it can be easily utilized by websites and applications.

The current goals are to improve the editor UI to create the simplest possible editing experience, to create integrations with other tools, like syncing with Google Spreadsheets and dat, and to allow group collaboration on a dataset through the UI.

In the meantime, after #cccamp15, @captainkmac was so kind to introduce flatsheet to us.

@toka @species @alabaeye @daniel @Silke I highly reccomend you have a peek at this fresh presentation about dat and its common intent.

Tabellen sind gängige Werkzeuge in (kollektiven) Kartierungen draußen im Feld.
Sie wären nur eine Form der Darstellung, besonders geeignet um Kartierprotokolle zu übertragen und schnellen raw Zugriff auf Datensätze zu haben.
Wir können sie eher als einen Schritt im Workflow wahrnehmen, als als eigenständige Oberfläche. Aber auch als solche haben sie nützlichen Charakter.

Imho flatsheet is to simple and there are better tools (dat-editor) ?

For the purpose of bulk-editing data we should look for something with

• Versioning / History
  • individual Addresses / UUIDs
  • Support of Schema / Field types
  • … ?

As far as I understood Karissa correctly, flatsheet is going to replace the very simple dat-editor, which was almost just a mockup.

Something to do what?

What you don’t know is, that the SSEDAS project runs almost completely on Microsoft Excel (!) files transferred via E-Mail (!) which are then manually (!) imported via JOSM. @species Is that correct?

As a side note: Can you imagine how lucky I am to have been made part of this project?

I like your idea of collecting a small set of minimum requirements for the different tools in our workflow.

Yes - this is because we lack an editor, and Excel files (with custom drop-downs, cell coloring of missing values, checkboxes etc.) are the easiest (read cheapest) to implement.
Also, in SSEDAS we have 3 ‘deadlines’, where the partners can submit their POIs. We don’t want the partners to submit POIs one-by-one, but in bulk.

But i don’t would say ‘fully manual’ - there is some automation in the process. You can find the flow chart here.

Is a list of SSEDAS partners online somewhere ?

Currently here in this draft post for SSEDAS overview.

I would be happy, if this list could be enriched with links to the individual projects.

Yes. I just learned, that flatsheet is the new default editor for dat.

Where did you learn this?

@almereyda “I highly reccomend you have a peek at this fresh presentation about dat and its common intent.”

super! I love the presentation,
will “copy” it for my next talk.

Dont remember. I think through scanning the git repos.