You like the idea of TransforMap? You want to get involved?
Here are a few ways you can choose to contribute! Find the right place and task for you to become part of TranforMap! Add your questions and suggestions. Help us to integrate more people. W E L C O M E!
You have a database of initiatives:
Add it to the Transformaps Atlas: https://wiki.transformaps.net/wiki/Mappings_Overview
Open your data and get in touch [add contact]: let’s discuss what kind of license will enable both maximum collaboration and the preservation of your interests
Why not testing TransforMap’s Taxonomy version 1.0?
You have programming skills or are an organization with such skills at hand? Contribute with programming, pool your technical resources with the TransforMap community. Visit our Taiga.io project board and backlog to know what needs to be done on the software side (we’re working on making this more comprehensive, bear with us).
You want to make Transformap visible on your site: while still in testing phase, you can already place an embeddable Transformap viewer on your site. Soon you will be able to shape your own filters to determine which type of POIs to show!
You are well connected to the local alternatives of your city/region: why not running a local test mapping using TransforMap’s infrastructure and tools? Check out the tools available here and write on this forum to get more information and support!
You have knowledge of the initiatives, movements and networks and can contribute with making meaning of all the points of the alternatives? Then you should visit the Base, the place where everyone can contribute to the building up of ontologies of the transformation, by providing associations between terms, concepts and geographical data.
You’ve got some other skills to volunteer? Support with any other means and get in touch via our global mailing list
We highly appreciate your contribution, especially with regard to the following tasks:
- documentation manager: read pages on Discourse, ask questions, edit language, initiate threads and maintain them…
- wiki experts: help to develop our semantic mediawiki to store and manage our list of mappings
- translators to translate communication materials and soon transformap infrastructure in as many languages as possible (EN, FR, P, SP, RU, GR, SW…)
- spreading the word: you know someone running a database of initiative, developing some tools, direct them to us!
- design elements (corporate design, frontend, icons, etc.)
- funding to pay skilled programmers and community builders
- [add yours]