Jules de Roos

(Jules de Roos) #1

Hi there !

I think what I’m sharing with the most of you, is the desire to make communication and exchange between people more jovial and profitable, not for external exploiters, but for the users themselves. The Transformap is a great initiative in that concern. I’m also interested in discussions and action on a more political level. The question, WHY ARE THE 99% SO QUIET?, in spite of the injustices, big and small, that they are submitted to, fascinates me.

I’m a philosophy student living in Berlin. During my studies, I will try to deal with that question.

Feel free to contact me, I speak German, French and Dutch as well.

See you soon!

P.S. I should be asking: why are the 98% so quiet, because you, another 1% are doing great work! :wink:

(Thomas Kalka) #2

@Jules Danke für Deinen Besuch gestern. Wenn Du hier weiter nach interessantem suchst: schreibe gerne überall Kommentare oder Fragen. Du hast den Vorteil des Neulings …

(Jules de Roos) #4

Hi, if started to read the instructions, couldn’t find the to-do list however. Could you tell me where to find it?

Further, I think the following projects would add to the transformap (maybe the “projects” category is the right place for these things.)

• print flyers/ stickers to distribute in universities to create attention.
  • create a computer-dummy-save layout for the transformap website (maybe the wiki can fulfill this function).
  • cooperate with projects of social collaboration, a “social marketplace” of sorts, where people can post the things they do well, from fixing bikes, offering rides, taking a walk with older or lonely people, cooking etc etc, and where other people post their needs. In the town of Maastricht (NL) there is a well-functioning community of volunteering (take a look here: http://maastrichtdoet.nl/) and in Germany the “Mitmachbörse” http://www.oeffentliche-it.de/mitmachboerse is being developed to serve the same cause (however, this one isn’t functioning yet, this is where the network of transformap can come in handy).

Thanks for reading :smiley:

(Thomas Kalka) #5

Unfortunately there is no to-do list for a newcomers perspective and we have to work on one.

If you actually want to start mapping, you could use this as a starting point.

If you want to connect other communities, join our efforts in the semantic mediawiki.
I would be happy if you could add or update relevant items in our mappings collection.

Das verstehe ich nicht. Könntest Du das bitte weiter ausführen ?

(Jules de Roos) #6

Ich dachte nur, dass das heutige Layout vom Transformap-Forum, für viele, die nicht so sehr computer begabt sind, eine Herausforderung darstellt. Vielleicht würde es Transformap für mehrere Leute öffnen, wenn es das Layout einer ‘normalen’ Webseite bekommt. Natürlich bleibt das Discourse-Forum bestehen, aber darüber hinaus werden die wichtige Informationen und die eigentlichen Karten auf einer normalen Webseite dargestellt.
Ist natürlich auch nur eine Anregung, für die ich mich mal die Freiheit genommen habe. :wink:

(Thomas Kalka) #7

Es gibt ja http://transformap.co als Übersicht, die wohl noch viel poliert werden könnte.
Kannst Du die Punkte, die hier in Discourse abschreckend wirken, detailierter beschreiben ?

(Jules de Roos) #8

Das ist super! Danke für den Hinweis auf die Webseite. Eigenlich wäre meine Anregung damit geklärt, aber zu deiner Frage, es sind vielleicht die vielen Kategorien, wobei es nicht sofort deutlich ist, wo was zu finden ist. Aber ich denke, dass es schon klar wird, wenn man sich damit einige Zeit beschäftigt, so wie es alle tun, die wirklich mit Mappen mithelfen wollen.

(Jules de Roos) #9

Was hälst du von Flugblätter bzw. Aufkleber?

(Thomas Kalka) #10

Dafür ist es noch zu früh, finde ich.
Siehe auch

Wie gehts Dir gerade mit Transformap ?
Hast Du Zeit für ein Treffen in Potsdam ?