Karte von Morgen

Regarding the “Karte von Morgen”, do you have a list of planned features?

Of course :slight_smile: There are about 10 People discussion a big amount of great ideas. But because of a lack of time/money we decided to start minimalist. As soon a we’re able to rise money to pay at least one person for more then 20h/week we can build more :wink:
So to answer your question: One of the main features will be the possibility to rate entries. I won’t explain the rate concept here but for now you can think of a reduced “Gemeinwohl-Ökonomie” (I’m sorry, I don’t know the english word) matrix.
And of course everyone is welcome to open an issue for feature requests.

(Michael Maier) #3

This big amount of great ideas would be interesting!

Rating would be interesting to integrate into TransforMap too (a long term goal).

I would like to join development efforts for the web map!

Currently, our demo maps has the following features:

• Clustering of POIs (with pruneCluster for Leaflet)
  • Popups for POIs with
  • permalink to POI
  • display of linked images
  • Nice representation of common OSM tags
  • translation of POI type into local language via Wikidata
  • link to our POI editor (customized iD)
  • link to source object
  • Filters for displayed POIs with the following criteria
  • TransforMap Taxonomy
  • organic products offered
  • wheelchair accessible
  • diet: vegan, vegetarian, non-veg
  • POI list of current visible entries
  • dynamic spatial queries of POI database (OSM via overpass) on map move
  • a static POI list can be displayed too (used for reducing DB calls on initial load)
  • geolocation function
  • search function via Nominatim
  • data export function via Overpass Turbo

Wished features:

• evaluate opening hours
  • nice, localized display
  • filter: “is it open now”
  • translation of UI in user’s language (via e.g. weblate)
  • translation of taxonomy and filter entries (via e.g. Wikidata)
  • embedding videos
  • Social Media “share this” links
  • … your ‘rating’ function :smiley:

long term goals:

• integrate better editor
  • integrate events
  • fetch taxonomies (for filters etc.) from a Taxonomy DB

Most of these features can be found on the issue tracker on Github.

A graphical overview of how our web map is supposed to work can be found in this thread. Scroll down for more detailed flow charts with time axis.

Would be a waste of time and resources, if we do this in parallel, would you agree?

Thanks for your detailed feature list!

Would be a waste of time and resources, if we do this in parallel, would you agree?

Absolutely! So what would you suggest to merge?

(Michael Maier) #6

A goal I’ve had for some time ago was splitting up some code from the demo maps into libraries that live as ‘independent’ github projects:

• The dynamic loading of POIs from overpass API (this got rather complex because it remembers where the user has been).
  • The development of a Popup that display, translates OSM tags in a nice way, and loads linked resources (images) on demand.
  • The ‘filter’ functionality is already split in a separate file. It uses features from the PruneCluster POI clustering library to hide/show items very efficiently.

Which features from the demo maps would you like to integrate in your map?

In my opinion, it would make sense to develop future features together:

• Translation of POI attributes (tags) via Wikidata
  • Translation of the UI, e.g. via weblate

If the ‘rating’ feature is your main concern, it would make sense to write it in a way it can be integrated into TransforMap later.
Therefore, it would be needed that your system can rate datasets not only in your own database, but somewhere else on the web. An example would be the possibility to rate an item on Wikidata, e.g. the Prinzessinnengarten (Q2110727). Could you keep that possibility in mind?

Thanks! :smile:

(Michael Maier) #7

Hi Markus,

thanks for your introduction!

Regarding the “Karte von Morgen”, do you have a list of planned features?

(Jon Richter) #8

Right now @species and me are investigating to use the KVM mapping frontend (React + Coffee) for our self-written API prototype.

@flosse Would you be interested within the next weeks in joining a community or developers call, which also other people already expressed their interest for? I’d then start preparing the neccessary arrangements (invitation(s), proposed attendee list from earlier postings).

Connecting the power of KVM, TransforMap & OpenFairDB sounds great! I’m quite busy but I’d love to see some people joining the development :slight_smile:

Community meetings 2016
(Jon Richter) #10

Yes, indeed. For us it is a simple choice reducing the overall overhead by choosing a full JavaScript stack for our interfaces, why I suppose we won’t be able to join the OpenFairDB developments in Rust at the same time.

(Helmut) #11

Dear TransforMapper

Very nice to read, that here are still things in progress. What exactly are you working on?

I just give you a very quick insight of our developement of Karte von morgen, so you can think about next cooperations:

1. We have just integrated some intresting OSM-POIs. But it still takes too much time to load. Thats why you only see it in the nightly bulid https://nightly.ofdb.io/#/?center=49.486,8.473&zoom=14.65 How can we get that faster? (The POI is a linked copy of the osm. As soon as we have writing access to the osm, we will try to save it back)
  2. We had a very productive meeting with wandel.jetzt and their transition-connect.org approach to link and translate databasis. We will try to connect all relevant databasis to it. Probably osm will be too restrict but. You find the results of our meeting at the end of this document: https://wechange.de/project/transition-connect/document/protokoll-transition-connect-karte-von-morg/
  3. Now we do some improvements on the search engine and develope some sharing features, to make it easier to embed the map.
  4. We mainly focus on comunity-building, finding networks and locals to use the karte von morgen. The map itself should not become even more complex. But connecting databasis behind, is useful for the users.

Still the rating feature and the option to filter the map for your key-words and embed it on your site is our outstanding advantage. In theory you could rate allready all POIs from OSM we just have to configure our import function to choose and translate the right tags.

Does anyone want to help to make the karte von morgen save directly to the osm?
Does anyone know some funding for this?

Thanks a lot
Helmut

(Jon Richter) #12

Hi Helmut,

Please see

Yes, @species was so kind to also implement some kind of OSM inference via a foreign key. See the implementation of the viewer for this. Your way of speeding up could be to rehost the Overpass API for yourselves. Copying seems to be hard to be kept in sync that coupled. For writing back, I guess your contributors need to have and sign in with an account on openstreetmap.org, as bots are unwelcome there.

This seems a fruitful approach of elder ideas from known faces. Keep it up! From reading the documentation you shared I can only come back to previous conversations with @simonline: It is hard to provide linked data services when trying to replicate the work others have already portrayed elsewhere. The Transition Connect Data Model is, when based on the Node4J graph as suggested, a rejection of the existing Linked Data technology and vocabularies. I would love to explore the schema of the data model in a machine readable way some day.

Move forward!

Is there an existing user community with attached groups?

Which part exactly?

Many thanks, Jon

Permaculture Organisations and projects mapping
(Helmut) #13

Hi Jon
Danke für deine Antwort. Sehr hilfreich!

To your question about the connection

1. “API der Vernetzungsplattformen” - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gs5V5E6FyLgrdduM5kw0DDFgAjb_pNdQT0vR4Bm9o_A/edit#heading=h.qtyk58zaef1a
    Wir haben den aktiven Teil bei Transition-Connect implementiert, weil viel Logik für alle Plattformen dieselbe ist (Filter, Freigaben, Konflikte / Duplikate). So muss diese Logik nicht von jeder Plattform selber programmiert werden, sondern nur einmal. Die Plattform selber muss nur eine einfache Rest-API oder ähnliches anbieten, das können ja viele Systeme von haus aus. - Deine Frage: Wie du in der Doku siehst ist genau dein Vorschlag geplant / vorbereitet: TC fragt zuerst nach einer Liste mit IDs und Timestamp und holt dann nur die Daten, die seit dem letzten Sync neu sind. Somit wird die Belastung in Grenzen gehalten. Angedacht ist eine Synchronisation ca. alle 15 Minuten, ist aber noch nicht fix.
  2. Es werden Events UND Organisationen synchronisiert. Organisationen, Projekte und Unternehmen werden gleich behandelt. Gruppen gibt es bis jetzt nicht. Es können aber Organisationen untereinander Relationen haben (Unterorganisation / Projekt von…).
  3. Wir starten mit einem einfachen Basis-Service, der dann erweitert werden kann. Wir wollen bewusst nicht von Anfang an alle Eventualitäten abdecken, sonst wird das nie fertig.

Im Moment “hängt” das Projekt TC (Transition-Connect) an 2 Punkten:

• Die Vernetzungsplattformen müssen nun mal die APIs implementieren, damit wir das Ding testen und weiter ausarbeiten können. Konkret in Arbeit: Wandel.jetzt, Stadtwandler Freiburg und Transition Zürich.

• Für die fehlenden features steht noch das Fundraision aus. Sobald wir Geld haben, könnte Markus Kohlhase weitere Features beisteuern. Roger, der das Bisherige entwickelt hat, hat aktuell beschränkt Kapazität für das Projekt. Bei Wandel.jetzt sind wir voll ausgelastet mit der Fertigstellung der Vernetzungsplattform und der API zu TC, der Kommunikation und Vernetzung. Erst danach können wir voll ins Fundraising gehen, also ca. ab April. Hat jemand von euch Lust und Zeit, jetzt schon etwas Geld aufzutreiben? Dann geht’s schneller vorwärts…

kommentierte Liste aktiver Kartierungsprojekte im Frühsommer 2018
(Helmut) #14

Hi Jon
Mir fällt gerade auf, dass weder die Karte von morgen noch Ideen³ e.V. auf der Transformap Seite Erwähnung findet: http://transformap.co/about/

Ist das Absicht? Gibt es bestimmte Anforderungen, um dort als Netzwerkmitglied zu erscheinen? (Mutmacherei und onyourway ist ja auch drauf…)

Und es wäre ganz sinnvoll auf der Seite den Zeitpunkt unsere Initialtreffens 2014 in München zu erwähnen.

Mir sind so Sachen zwar eigentlich nicht so wichtig, doch habe ich gerade unsere “Memoiren” verfasst, und da scheint es weniger glaubwürdig, wenn wir behaupten bei TranforMap dabei zu sein, aber auf der Liste nicht auftauchen. http://bildungsagenten.org/kartevonmorgen/5/#Projektgeschichte (logos findest du auch auf der Seite.)

Danke dir!

Quo vadis, TransforMap?
(Jon Richter) #15

Hallo Helmut,

du hast recht, die Seite, die du ansprichst, wurde zuletzt im Mai 2015 aktualisiert und ist mittlerweile etwas betagt:

Die Auflistung der Partnerinnen basiert auf einer gemeinsamen Sammlung hier und wurde von @toka in ein Bild gegossen.

Wie du darin sehen kannst, tauchte die Karte von Morgen damals noch nicht auf.
Wenn du die Seite geändert haben möchtest, was ich aus deiner Nachricht herauslese, ohne dass es explizit erwähnt worden wäre, könnt ihr an http://github.com/transformap/transformap.github.io einen sog. Pull Request stellen und wir fügen eure Änderungen ein.

Ich hoffe ich konnte dir weiterhelfen.

Nachtrag: Was zwischen den letzten beiden Absätzen stillschweigend vorausgesetzt wurde, war, dass wir bei ecobytes.net/allmende.io gegenwärtig mit Degrowth, SoLaWi, Intermapping und der Langzeitpflege der technischen Infrastruktur von TransforMap keine Kapazitäten haben, um repräsentative Kommunikationsarbeit zu stemmen.

(Helmut) #16

Sorry for that late respond.
Which file do I need to modify exactly? And can I do it without technical background knowledge?

Or can you just upload this logo?

Thank you very much

(Helmut) #17

Ok, I have found the file, but I am not allowed to upload changes.
Could you please replace this file: https://github.com/TransforMap/transformap.github.io/blob/source/src/static/images/supports-logos.png
With this new immage:

Thanks you very much

(Jon Richter) #18

This has been implemented with

and

See the result at http://transformap.co/about/