Lanka Horstink

(lanka) #1

I am completing my PhD in Sociology on the topics of food politics and food democracy. Trained as a social psychologist and subsequently as a project manager, I have extensive experience in group dynamics both in for-profit and not-for-profit settings. After having managed communication teams and companies for more than a decade, in 2007 I started working with environmental NGOs, among them Greenpeace International and two Portuguese organisations, as a campaign manager, adult educator, and community organiser. I have been coordinating the Portuguese Seed Freedom campaign for the past 5 years. My main interest is in the social-ecological dynamics of global politics, with an emphasis on the political economic factors that contribute to the democratic and ecological deficits that have been shown to persist. I like to contribute to DIY solutions, anything that decentralises knowledge and power, and empowers people to organise their common lives.

(Adrien Labaeye) #2

Welcome Lanka! Where are you based? Would you like to contribute in a specific way? What is interesting you here?
A tip when writing: just write without more formating (no line break) :wink:

(lanka) #3

Hi Adrien, I have improved my profile, I am based in Lisbon and finishing up PhD so at the moment only focused on that. But while I am in Budapest i will drop this and focus on the Degrowth conference and my presentation, wishing to learn as much as possible and exchange knowledge with similar souls. Cheers!

(Adrien Labaeye) #4

ok. Good to know. We’ll meet in Budapest then. Feel free to share the maps of alternative economies (e.g. seed banks) you know of to enrich our collection of maps: