Mailing lists

epic
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f9f01c64358>

(Thomas Kalka) #84

Wenn jetzt die alten Listen wieder laufen und die neuen noch nicht in Benutzung sind: können nicht die alten Listen unter der neuen Domain genutzt werden ? D.h. Domains migrieren und alles so lassen, wie es ist ?

(Josef Kreitmayer) #85

hallo @toka,

es werden ja die neuen listen genutzt. Verstehe ich nicht. Der alte thread
kann wieder zugemacht werden.

sry, falls es da zu missverständnissen kam. Adrien hat über die neuen
listen gesendet @alabaeye mit super Text, wie ich finde.

(Gualter Barbas Baptista) #86

The new lists are according to @alabaeye not working (no one got the e-mails for the webinar last week). @almereyda mentioned that meanwhile the old lists are working.

Could you please tell me where to write to announce tomorrow’s webinar? And in general provide at some place access to all the team to the different services, so we are not always dependent on the availability of one or another to make simple things like a mailing list work :slight_smile:

(Jon Richter) #87

maps@list.allmende.io
global@lists.14mmm.org

Is it this one you are looking for?

(Josef Kreitmayer) #88

That is really strange. I got the invitiation email from @alabaeye via the global@lists.transformap.co, as well as via the german@lists.transformap.co.

Did the others, that were subscribed by me short time after the initial setup by @toka also get that?

@toka, do you have any idea, why it seems not to be working anymore?

After the announcement that the lists would not be working, I sent a test-mail and got the following response:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mail Delivery Subsystem mailer-daemon@googlemail.com
Date: 2016-02-19 21:13 GMT+05:30
Subject: Delivery Status Notification (Delay)
To: josef.kreitmayer@getactive.org

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:

german@lists.transformap.co

Message will be retried for 2 more day(s)

Technical details of temporary failure:

The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect. Learn more at https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7720

[lists.transformap.co. 37.120.173.197: socket error]

----- Original message -----

DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;

d=getactive-org.20150623.gappssmtp.com; s=20150623;

h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to

:content-type;

bh=7wNcBEyWXVlNwo2E0XQJWKdj8BapGTsuEYVEo4U9gqg=;

b=j29Oc4yorlEeYK/nhADjAE5Xs52R0dt40O5CyICs3R8999cSAyPOZeItsoE9ucM5Rz

D5xoHZ7g/6WUK1zeqm0iAFSb/ueFRs783Fy64I9/rXin0zdkby/ec5hr6IwxohMCF9tW

4e0kqa/liuui7UtqMmumzEYEAb6Dwgo6EZdX3f/IqmVGwkFlQgOaid4bulNxr1hUDxUX

aP/RvPjtN4JjP2H3Ut85ePMS+Kgg5zyrQo02n8mO3WXocpRUBVlrtbG3GDzYRsodr6UM

1iXo9Xc3q3+WKXhUQG1qVC3vAEBg2qRQ6VMq0AOcQY3FMctnu4HbkFXMdGgyeD1eHW4I

NQvw==

X-Google-DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;

d=1e100.net; s=20130820;

h=x-gm-message-state:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date

:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type;

bh=7wNcBEyWXVlNwo2E0XQJWKdj8BapGTsuEYVEo4U9gqg=;

b=JFadMzdeowfqwghm4yP1Tsuw9U5bXi1JBWOcgvDJyJJLwOyZBD09KObywgePACgQa0

KgFh8fXOO50EPAUP9Bbf0paUbGM2tG4d/ZpE2crfLAZC8HzJ//hPkx+n1/zasO+RsxNZ

mBGLFbtkEigmop3C4lkVRh+/HcLxnLogxQR8SDcgeCPSW/Ut+qDl5TXXtuUk9kQZlMaM

z8r0beg4Q5gL1MGZea5jtowEWvhZ20aEqhkqVpaQUlChBcH213IuykiBXKy7uugmEYYn

Wztqk+R+SAVOf4kFeZfARttg6AARZDTUipZdmzj56IPJnPaFWWRqM3n3/FIxG0UxdVn8

6Oag==

X-Gm-Message-State: AG10YOT0EUmtG55sgui2n/bxDvzkGkzUUxYd56Ip283hCwZHjb+7KIgZfPDwvLayHc5JObklizjVkbSM3/Pxbg==

MIME-Version: 1.0

X-Received: by 10.182.33.101 with SMTP id q5mr6734049obi.28.1455807648998;

Thu, 18 Feb 2016 07:00:48 -0800 (PST)

Received: by 10.182.84.226 with HTTP; Thu, 18 Feb 2016 07:00:48 -0800 (PST)

X-Originating-IP: [49.14.88.222]

Received: by 10.182.84.226 with HTTP; Thu, 18 Feb 2016 07:00:48 -0800 (PST)

In-Reply-To: CAGUdaTSYQeSt_Qki_80KZt4hfwNQn88Ky4AeuxvZYJzx4yRojg@mail.gmail.com

References: CAGUdaTSYQeSt_Qki_80KZt4hfwNQn88Ky4AeuxvZYJzx4yRojg@mail.gmail.com

Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 20:30:48 +0530

Message-ID: CAGUdaTTkePcvRfXQfWn=sBFJEp2NuRYj5k59pn=4qV9L2c1GdA@mail.gmail.com

Subject: Test: neue deutschsprachige Transformap Mailingliste

To: "tld@lists.transformap.co" german@lists.transformap.co

Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=047d7b676c2ac7c8bf052c0ca199

Hallo ihr lieben,
das ist ein Test.

Diese Liste sollte eigentlich funktionieren, und wir hatten schon ein von Adrien sehr fein vorbereitetes Webinar ausgesendet. Dabei hatte sich leider herausgestellt, dass die Liste nichtvzu funktionieren scheint.

Falls diese Email bei jemandem ankommt, sei so lieb und gib kurz Feedback, ob die Mailingliste für dich funktioniert.

liebe Grüße

Josef

(Silke ) #89

Hi; oh, ich sehe hier, dass Ihr Euch um die mailingliste Sorgen macht. Das freut mich sehr (@gandhiano, ich hör schon auf zu meckern) Nun, ich habe nichts bekommen und ich fürchte, niemand da draußen weiss von funktionierenden mailing lists.
Ich kenne auch den Text nicht, den @alabaeye geschrieben hat, aber ich bin sicher, er beginnt mit einer megadicken Entschuldigung :slight_smile:

Good luck. Silke

(Adrien Labaeye) #90

Leider nein. Die Priorität für mich was die Info raus zu schicken. Ein ordentliches Update mit Entschuldigung sollte geplant werden. @josefkreitmayer: du hattest so ein Plan oder?

(Silke ) #91

hm, ich habe weder eine mail noch informationen bekommen und mir scheint, niemand weiss, dass es wieder mailinglisten gibt. Das ist alles, was ich sagen wollte. Gruß Silke

(Josef Kreitmayer) #92

This topic gets closed as a failed attempt. The transformap.co lists installed by @toka are perged. @almereyda could in the meantime fix the old lists. The new topic on the mailinglists, neat and clean can be found here.

(Josef Kreitmayer) #93

(Josef Kreitmayer) #94

(Silke ) #95

I am sorry, but as the mailinglist doesn’t work for so many months now (a fact that still amazes me. So little care for community building!) and basically none of the (former) TransforMap community members and taxonomy group is currently up to date of what you - SSEDAS or CHEST ppl - are doing, I honestly don’t see how we can now - all of a sudden - contribute to converge processes we are not familiar with.
I would still love to discuss taxonomy issues and try to match taxonomies (but, to be clear, it is certainly not only a problem of perspective, Josef, it is the challenge of different approaches based on different conceptual frameworks. That’s why it is so hard to “match” and “merge” them, and that’s the reason why it think it is possible via this platform and without really investing time, effort and personal communication among the ppl who developed these taxonomies. That would certainly be helpful.
@toka @Giuliana @klaus @DagmarE @species @gandhiano @alabaeye @fraukehehl @DavidW @Thomas_D @RCE_BenE_Muenchen @almereyda

(Gualter Barbas Baptista) #96

@Silke the mailing lists do run since a few weeks now. I do agree that there was little care for community building by not taking care of this appropriately/due time (and you probably saw also my posts on this). But it is not the case now and both me and @alabaeye are trying hard to get a good communication and collaboration going with the community now. There is a lot of effort in communicating and transparently documenting what we have been doing all the time and you can follow it both on discourse, taiga and, since the last weeks, also the announcements on the mailing lists.

I agree that (re)starting this discussion and involvement of the badgers will probably be unfruitful, unless we have a proper meeting. And we did have the idea of getting us together again. I’m sure we can, and should use CHEST money to get the badgers and at least some people of the @Scrumteam1 on a workshop.

We thought of a meeting in Vienna at some point in April. Would it be realistic to get some of you there? Or should we do it elsewhere or another time?

Also for May we spoke about organising a VoCamp (the other step, into linked open data vocabularies and onthologies) in Budapest, together with the communities preparing for the next degrowth conference. So, this could in a sense be also a second workshop on the taxonomy development.

Also open for other ideas on how to move forward and getting the badgers and all your previous work inside the current developments.

(Silke ) #97

Oh, was really nobody of those who 've put it back to work (THX!) thinking about informing the former subscribers, that they are there and can be used again?
As I said; the whole thing still amazes me. I am really glad to hear that these kind of things will be taken care of, as this community building process comes so close to my hard: It was, what I was trying to do for so many months: just approach ppl. online and offline and with the help of “dying technologies” (email @almereyda :slight_smile: ) to keep them informed and constantly invite them to be part of transformap. (over, need to go back to work, sorry)

(Adrien Labaeye) #98

hey @josefkreitmayer @toka @almereyda. I’ve heard the participants to Solikon are still not on the global mailing list. Could one do that. I believe that’s a 10 min job or less for the one with data + access. :slight_smile:
By the way, is there a way to check the lists are working? Got no feedback from my last post…

(Josef Kreitmayer) #99
  • find out who is responsible and has access for each list (I believe, that I got access to one of them)
  • redefine responsibilites
  • integrate collected emailadresses

I will write an email to @Giuliana and @fraukehehl, if the get the emails.