OpenStreetMap activist, local community coordinator.
Free Software and Open Data advocate.
I'm responsible for the maps on http://demo.transformap.co.
What are my skills?
+++ Expert for OSM-Tools
- setting up OSM-Toolchains (Rendering, Geocoding, Routing,...)
- juggling with tools like osmosis, osmconvert/filter
++ (fluent, but not expert)
- Unix shellscript/bash
- System Administration Debian/Ubuntu
- overpass QL
What are my goals?
I'm unhappy with the current map-situation and my main goal is to stop the fragmentation of maps...
- There are thousands of mapping projects, each with their own sites, who are mapping the same things over and over, not knowing of each other - what a waste of time!
- Most mapping systems out there are incompatible, use different terminology for the same things, and can therefore neither be compared nor merged.
- If one mapping initiative shuts down, data is lost - with a global movement, others can take care more easily.
- Almost all mapping systems are focused on one city/area. There are e.g. maps of community gardens in London, Vancouver, Berlin, DC, Portland, ... a different map for each region, which does not make sense, neither technically nor in terms of manpower needed to maintain all these maps.
I want TransforMap to unify all those mapping systems.
As I'm practically self-employed, I have no regular working times. I try to attend our regular meetings on Tuesday and Thursday.
Besides that, just ping me on Jabber, or write me an email. If it is urgent, you can call me on my mobile phone any time. If I'm occupied, I will call or SMS back.