Proposal for converging Semeoz work and Transformap wiki of maps

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f4269a918b8> #<Tag:0x00007f4269a91700> #<Tag:0x00007f4269a915c0> #<Tag:0x00007f4269a91458> #<Tag:0x00007f4269a91318>

(Thomas Kalka) #58

I would need your help in completing

(Adrien Labaeye) #59

I entered all the topic: that were already in our wiki, paying attention to capitalization. I haven’t looked for wikidata entries though. Don’t have the time.

(Maïa Dereva) #60

thank you @alabaeye for your help. I will continue the work with the other tags.

@toka : the plugin is installed. Your account is set as “super-admin” so you can access the WP as you need.

About the texts: I often don’t add text as the titles are enough explicit. I will add translation in English of the French titles as a text if you’re OK.

(Maïa Dereva) #61

@toka : about the topics, I can create new names that are not already in the wiki?

(Thomas Kalka) #62

yes, you can create new topics

(Maïa Dereva) #63

I was thinking @toka , is it a good practice and could it help for the future if I replace all the tags slugs with wikidata codes in WP ?

(Thomas Kalka) #64

This practice has to be developed first :wink: … you will be one of the
early adopters.

It has the benefit of beeing

• easy
  • definitive
  • multilanguage
  • community supported
  • community supporting

(Maïa Dereva) #65

I’m used to be an early adopter :wink:

I see a problem with that pratice: the URL wouldn’t be nice and we would loose performance with SEO…
It could be better if WP community add a specific field (maybe with a plugin?)
I will talk about that with Virtual Assembly about the WP-LDP plugin…

(Maïa Dereva) #66

I added all the tags. There are 3 tags I couldn’t find in Wikidata: Microgift, Governance by Draw (don’t know if it’s the right word) and Transition (too large concept…)

(Thomas Kalka) #67

The nice thing about Wikidata is, that you can add new concepts there by yourself. You do not need to add WIkipedia pages for them. So just create some concepts with a good explanation …

Btw: Look ma, all that maps

(Maïa Dereva) #68

OK for wikidata, I’ll see if it really relavant to create new entries and will do it.

About the thumbnails… That’s exactly what I was affraid of: there are many URL where there isn’t really a map. I don’t see how to change that with an automatic process…

(Maïa Dereva) #69

OK, I added the 3 missing tags.

BTW, for the texts and Wikidata ID, I can add 2 specifics fields in WP:

• an english translation of the French description (or of the French title if the description is empty)
  • a Wikidata field (QXXX)
    Just tell me if it’s a good idea and how to name them.

(Adrien Labaeye) #70

note that these are all the entries (maps and not maps). One should only show/export, those with Resource type:Mapping System.
It would be good too that in the import from WP to wiki, you add this systematically as you do only have maps…

(Thomas Kalka) #71

We will improve on finding the map on the page.

This morning I imported the metadata.
You could start to review it in the wiki.
You may document this by removing the todo tag in the free text of the page.

(Maïa Dereva) #72

Yes, I can add another specific field in WP if needed, but I’m not sure it’s usefull, let me know (BTW, it’s not the point for the moment to connect directly the 2 tools… but it would be great :slight_smile: ) .

(Adrien Labaeye) #73

I meant that should only show those wiki entries that are “mapping system” be shown here:

(Maïa Dereva) #74

@toka I created another tab in the google sheet to add “Concepts” and “Origins Countries”.

I thought it would be easier to work like that instead of editing each wiki page.

Also, I discovered some maps that don’t exist anymore. I put “Doesn’t work” in “Project state”.

(Maïa Dereva) #77

Hi @toka , I’ve completed the google sheet, you can import the data when you want

The title of the wiki page’opération should be modified in “Carte de l’opération microDON75”

FYI, I didn’t delete the “Doesn’t work” maps in Wordpress. I just turned the status into “Draft”.

(Amaury_van_Espen_van) #78

do you know this tool and their data ?

(Amaury_van_Espen_van) #79

Than you so much @Maia
I hope that @Team will also provide the dataset to support Semeoz