Proposal: Positive-factor-rating

openstreetmap
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fc007829f50>

(Helmut) #1

Easy ranking for everybody, to keep the high quality on our maps and hide the less visionary entries.

#Positive factors: How much of you projects-aspects are positive?
The core of our “Karte von morgen” is a rating system, called Positivefaktors, what decides if an entry is shown on the map or hidden. Positivfaktors are #tags that say for each entry what is good and bad. Every tag gets a value from -2 (very bad, never show on the map) up to +3 (absolutly visionary, allways show on the map). Every entry can have an endless amount of tags, but they are clustered in six categories, like ecology, humanrights, and economy… And in each category it does not matter how many tags you have, but how much of them have a positive rating.

##Tool based on OSM
We could implement a little tool just for karte von morgen, but I think it makes sens to build a tool useful for many maps, based on the osm. Some of the tags (like #organic are allready used in the osm) exist there allready.

##The world is not black and white
Our maps make those locations visible, that we think are worth to grow for the future. But these locations are as diverse as our group is. We will never finde a catalog of criterias which defines what Initiatives/Businesses will be shown and what will never be on the map. Even if we would have all the same opinion and write this catalog, real projects are too complicated to put into such a system. (i.e. just take TransforMap: are we commons? do we get paid? do we get fairly paid? Do we allways eat organic at our meetings… Everything is in a grey area.)

The real world is too complex, and that is why we dont need a catalog but a simple tagging-system, where free tags used by the user are saying what is good and what is bad for each entry. And these tags get a value, saying how much it applies to something. (i.e. if a store is 100% money free, it is just #moneyfree but if its a shop with one money-free-shelf it is partly #moneyfree… or 10 %…)

##Visualisations
The following immages are visualisations for the KVM, but the backend for that, (what databasis, how we connect tags and how we compare tags to existing ones in the OSM ) is only a little bit discussed.

Attached you finde a few more details about that concept.
00_Positivfaktoren_Detailkonzeipt_KVM.pdf (693.4 KB)
160128_regionalpiloten_broschüre_A5_digital.pdf (136.3 KB)

#Costs
We can develope a smart version with just the tags to start with : 500 € (allready partly funded)
But if we decide to use it, it should get the rating numbers for each tag, which will be another 500 € of working time.

I hope together wie can develope a ranking system that helps everybody on the street to choose the most human, ecological and solidarian option which is available.

Thanks
Helmut

Call for mini-proposals: funding the community with community buckets
Markus Kohlhase (@flosse)
(Helmut) #2

Hello TransforMap partners!
Regarding the rating with our Postiv faktors at KVM, pleas look at this picture.

We will sart very easy. For example your Taxonomy has keywords for our positive factors. If you give the tag “solidarian” we would take that.

Under these toplevel und second level kategories you can give any keywords (tags) regarding sustainability, you want. (i.e. organic would be a subtag to Vielfältig. creadleTOcreadle will be a subtag to erneuerbar…)

In a second stap we just give a number, how far it is part of the world of tomorrow.

For excample Netto has no organic products which is really out of date, he gets -1 point. An Alid could have the tag “organic”, because of a few organic products, but its just normal today, so it is 0 points. If they really invest in an organic products, increase their visibility, so it would just be a first step to the world of tomorow, so its just 1 point. An organic store has only organic food, so it gets 2 points, because thats allready the day after tomorrow, if all stores would be like it. If this store has organic food, produced just around the corner, it will be visionary and he gets 3 points. So it is with all tags.

Then there are several dimensons of of sustainability. So the store could work with renewable energies, without packaging … and so on and in the end every location has a certain amount of points.
Thos with less then one point will not be shown on the map as long as you dont zoom in too much.

Those with -2 points in one dimension will not be shown at all.
Those with +3 are the really visionary protjects and allways visible. And all in between will be visible, if there are not too many better projects in the actual fram view.

For any questions to explain it better, call me: 01573-444 8245

Thanks to all of your work!
Helmut

Short description for regional pilots: 160128_regionalpiloten_broschüre_A5_digital.pdf (136.3 KB)

long descrption of positive factors in german: 00_Positivfaktoren_Detailkonzeipt_KVM.pdf (693.4 KB)

(Jon Richter) #3

To only cite at a first sight

(Helmut) #4

Hi Jon

Thank you for your comment!
What databases you can access seems to me just as a technical issue, if the positiv-attributes are nicly structured.

The bigger issue would be to get the right people rate entries.
If a company realizes that their ranking is in data wiki and anybody can edit, it’s too easy to fake it.

Maybe it’s better to store all positive factors in a secure database and link it to the entries in data wiki…

What do you think?
Is data wiki accessible via api or as hand made as osm?

Thanks
Helmut

(Helmut) #5

Now you can test and use the Positive impact rating at Karte von morgen for any entry https://kartevonmorgen.org/#/?entry=32e9acf23ba94559a7ef60515e669d00&zoom=15.00
Soon we will import all POIs vom OSM so you will be able to rate whatever there is on osm

The whole explenation you can find here: http://bildungsagenten.org/kartevonmorgen/2/

(Jon Richter) #6

Hi @wellemut nice hearing from you after such a long while! I have been watching @flosse’s progress on the map and am happy to hear about it again. You mention:

If you allow me the question, is there a specific rationale why you will want to import OSM, instead of merely linking to it?

It is @species who has most experience here about this issue. You can see his implementation of enriching data points with data from OSM at http://viewer.transformap.co/ (check the browser console).

(Helmut) #7

Dear Jon

nice to be in contact with you.
The main problem with the direct link to osm is the speed. the search is
too slow if we search on nominatim every time. check out the actual speed
in our map. that is not possible with osm.
the second problem is the sillyness of our users that we think they are
too lazy to log in to osm everytime they are editing an entry and they
would not understand the tagging system there.
We want to integrate an POI-editor in our editor which then directly
acesses osm. by saving it reloads the pin in our databasis. But we do not
have the permission to access osm with our system.

and we do not have the mony to develop every thing on one go.

so the importing without saving back is just a prototype to start. We are
happy about all advises how to get the final version.
i will get in contact with @species

thank you very much.

Helmut

Helmut Wolman
mailed on the move
+49176-4767 0833

Karte von morgen bildungsagenten.org/kartevonmorgen/