Scrum standups archive

Scrum standups are short meetings (around 15 minutes) where the whole @scrum team comes together to update each other on the progress of the work. It is a central element for promoting and supporting self-organisation within the teams, while also providing a space for identifying blockages and possible actions to overcome them.

It involves a very simple procedure of quickly answering 3 questions:

  • What have I done since our last meeting?
  • What will I do until the next meeting?
  • What is blocking me from moving forward/doing things as planned?

The current sprint scrum standups can be viewed and edited on its hackpad notes page.

Schedule: every Tuesday and Friday at 12:00 CET

Current @scrum team: @alabaeye, @almereyda, @gandhiano, @josefkreitmayer, @kei

Check or comment on the current sprint stories and tasks

This top post will remain updated with the links to the current standup, while the comments below provide an archive to past sprints standups. If you want to discuss any point, please link or quote it from another thread.

If you are looking for the team reflection at the end of the sprint, check the sprint retrospectives archive here.

Scrum sprint Autumn#1

Date: 09 Sep 2015-26 Oct 2015
Team: @alabaeye, @almereyda, @gandhiano, @josefkreitmayer, @species

Scrum Meeting 1 CW38
Gualter, Michael, Josef
not present Jon, Adrien

  1. What have I done since our last meeting?

Michael:
- few done on the taskboard, as I was blocked about the SSEDAS Development
- finished emails to OSM-community about wandelwoche import and still waiting for answer

Josef:
- Jon and Josef had meeting with INKOTA about SSEDAS, a very short report is available here: 2015-09-15 Meeting with INKOTA for SSEDAS

  • INKOTA became more part of the TransforMap community as a result of
    disclosure of the crisis, blocking issues are now solved and the SSEDAS
    project is moving forward
    • Got further answers to questionnaire (now 19)
    • Michael and me provided INKOTA with the first import template so that they can start collecting

Gualter:
- preparing the scrum and retrospective
- working with Jon, Adrien and Josef on infrastructure plan #96
- apart from that not much more in relation to the current srcum

  1. What will I do until the next meeting?

Michael

  • as soon as SSEDAS is clear:
  • hope to meet with Jon about database structures and things to do for SSEDAS+1 - hope to have meeting with Josef aobut SSEDAS scope - waiting for answers of OSM-Community for imports - in the “free” time, continue working on map-plugin

Josef

  • meet with Michael about SSEDAS scope and technical discussions developing after michael left
  • write report on the questionnaire output
  • contact with INKOTA on scope and research group
  • move forwarding with contracting of SSEDAS
    +1- process CHEST contract, if it comes in
    +1- start preparing afterwork of scrum at SOLIKON

Gualter

  • get sprint events to OwnCloud calendar (sprints, next planning meeting)
  • me has to migrate this ownCloud finally some time- announce the changes on the schedule of next scrum standup
  • upload picture with technological infrastructure sum-up
  • yo!
  1. What is blocking me from moving forward/doing things as planned?

Michael

  • get picture of DB structure

Gualter should upload

  • meet with Jon to start working on DBs, he’s not been replying/answering/appearing in meetings

call directly
this is unfair, I was there Weekly project schedule - meet with Josef for starting work on SSEDAS details & contracts
ok

Josef:
- get Discourse bug fixed, that currently prevents editing posts afterwards
> place on issue tracker: https://tree.taiga.io/project/transformap/issues?page=1

Gualter

  • pending projects (reports, finances) that I need to close until the end of the month

nothing can be done here :stuck_out_tongue:
disaligned
as team, the team as a whole is not sticking to the stories,
sidetracking. Blocked because was expecting more support from Jon about
the Degrowth conference online module. I’m left working alone on a
platform in Ruby that I don’t know. I have only some instructions
(insufficient) from Jon. Issue that we push to specific technologies
without looking first to the capacities in the team. We need to keep
focus, not having too many technologies to ensure delivery. We need more
pragmatism.


2015-09-22

Present: Gualter, Jon, Michael

1. What have I done since our last meeting?

J Rearranged my rooms, panic attacks and constant migraine due to empty account, try not to get crazy, nothing
M
Michael:
Worked on an import Workflow with yEd editor (yEd is really nice btw)

Jon:

G Nothing. Looking at the Scrum. Answering Discourses. Putting Scrum meeting events in the ownCloud calender (Timezone issues).

2. What will I do until the next meeting?

J Extract User Stories from CHEST and SSEDAS
G review CHEST until tomorrow
M: finish the SSEDAS import workflow, eventually generating User Stories out of it and for programming the missing parts
on Sept. 23rd, working on CHEST proposal

3. What is blocking me from moving forward/doing things as planned?

J
Productive stress of getting the two projects going is blocking the
governance crisis discussion and from working properly on stories that
need to be addressed
M Need clarification of SSEDAS goals - What do
they want from us, with details? [the blockings are marked on the taiga
sprint taskboard] ; need tech discussion on whether OSM or not within
the next 2 days
G Very little time to work on TransforMap until end of the month, due to pending reports/closing up of former projects

Michael will contact Jon and try to discuss the technical proposal (Gualter still needs to upload)
We meet for CHEST/SSEDAS tomorrow at 14:30, Gualter will send out

2015-09-25

Present: no one

1. What have I done since our last meeting?

Gualter:
organized the meeting about CHEST/SSEDAS; prepared the collaboration
tools and process for the Social Impact Plan of CHEST; added CVs of Jon
and me to the SIP; engaged marginally on exchanges (Twitter) about
commoning processes and structures

Michael:
wrote some sections on the CHEST social impact plan
finished the flow charts for my proposed SSEDAS workflows for web map data extraction, as well as the import workflow
wrote a lot of emails and discourse posts regarding transparency

2. What will I do until the next meeting?

Gualter:
nothing specific, apart from communication/articulation of ideas on
discourse, keeping the scrum process running and the community informed

Michael
#46 We want to have the respective user stories from our funded projects (SSEDAS part)
Continue discussion about tech roadmap
write and publish a CHEST and SSEDAS overview for publishing in discourse

3. What is blocking me from moving forward/doing things as planned?

Gualter: lack of time, still closing up a lot from the old projects


##Tue 2015-09-29 | 13:00 CEST

1. What have I done since our last meeting?

Josef:
processed the CHEST contractsent out the Social Impact Planhad clarifying talk on SSEDAS with Alessaconversation how to handle finances in CHEST with Jon > Link?GANTT chart available for review > Link?
Gualter:
nothing, apart from minor comments on taiga/discourse

2. What will I do until the next meeting?

Josef:
get clarity on SSEDAS (scope, etc.)(start) developing process for the SSEDAS taxonomy development (needs finished until monday/tuesday)work on financial stuff that were discussed with Jonhave
appointment with Gualter to discuss also financial stuff (transfers of
CHEST to Ecobytes), get contracts done between Ecobytes and Get Active
(3-4 pages contract)
Gualter:
propose date/setting for the retrospective + sprint planning meeting (will do on friday or thursday)send changes of scrum standups meeting schedule

3. What is blocking me from moving forward/doing things as planned?

Josef:
missing appointment/stuff with Gualter/Ecobytes to clarify contractual stuffunclarity about how to assure that work is done (trust based or with boundaries, economic or else)
Gualter:
Can
be blocked, if we have a budget / date / will to do a physical scrum
retrospective and sprint planning ( end of Oct could be good)not having time in Sept (will change significantly in oct


##fri 2015-10-02 | 12:00 CEST
Gualter, Jon, Michael,
later Josef and Adrien joined later

1. What have I done since our last meeting?

Michael:
Clarified some of the issues around SSEDAS goals: Images: https://discourse.transformap.co/t/enquiry-host-images-in-wikimedia-commons/688/12test-import of inkota with 15 initiatives - improved spreadsheet templatehttps://github.com/TransforMap/import-datafinished Wandelwoche importhttps://discourse.transformap.co/t/wandelwoche-import-complete/690
Jon:
regarding the scrum:
- found the email addresses from the workshop https://tree.taiga.io/project/transformap/task/123 < create and invite to thread with outcomes of the workshop
- prepared argument mapping of the transformap vision https://tree.taiga.io/project/transformap/task/103 http://hyphe.medialab.sciences-po.fr/demo/#/project/transformap/overview (discourse analysis, probably w/ http://catalyst-fp7.eu/open-tools/ or http://debategraph.org/Stream.aspx?nid=61932&vt=rgraph&dc=focus
unfortunately won’t be as comprehensive as https://twitter.com/plevy/status/650085844678787073 semi-external to scrum:
- connecting valueflows <> essglobal https://tree.taiga.io/project/transformap/task/117 2015-09-28 | Mapping the Commons + Commons Institut | Wikimedia RIPESS using ESSGLOBAL for PANORAMA

Gualter:

  • commented on some aspects on technological decisions regarding Media
    DB, etc. on discourse; apart from some of this loose work, not much
    • some research on agile contracting

Josef
call with Alessa> schedule for next week> getting contracting goingCHEST first installment is already hereput a lot of discussion on discourseclarify on technology < not of personal concern (if clarity, that monkey circle is up and running)Conversation with Jon about financeshttps://text.allmende.io/p/monetary_flows_in_CHEST
Adrien
haven’t done anything related to TransofMap apart from yesterdayhas thought about naming of discourse categories https://discourse.transformap.co/t/category-naming-scheme/629

2. What will I do until the next meeting?

Jon:
cleaning discourse and reading everything that Josef wrote this week
Michael
discoursetech topics & roadmapSSEDAS transparencyworking on the map-frontend, because all other stuff blockedpush Monkey circle meeting forwardhttps://discourse.transformap.co/t/calling-in-the-monkey-circle/692https://dudle.inf.tu-dresden.de/monkey_circle_meeting/Send out on both mailing lists!
A second one?mykorizal / bob + essglobal / marianaunmonastery / keidat project / karissatransition network / sam, annesleyencommuns / simondapaas / ?
Gualter
create workflow to make community be able to interact with scrum spin-off grouptake part in technical discussions on discoursejoin the monkey meetingfurther reading on agile contracting (and reflection on merge with solidarity economy)
Josef:
- simple contract w/ ecobytes - ssedas agricultural taxonomy development> mailing lists? - to do stuff promised to Alessa
Adrien
work on about naming of discourse categories (including process)can moderate the tech circle

3. What is blocking me from moving forward/doing things as planned?

Michael
SSEDAS goals still unclearMonkey meeting would be nice if it would happenSome money would be nice…
Jon:
Josef promised to send a message regarding one last payment via FCF funds; still pending. Gualter and me shall agree?Information Josef wrote spread over many places, difficult to get an overview
Gualter:
still unclear questions how we are working with scrum often sidetracking (not critical, learning process)
Josef:
which communication channel to choose? (jabber, google?, mail discourse, …)unclear about images in SSEDAS —> follow up discussions on: https://discourse.transformap.co/t/enquiry-host-images-in-wikimedia-commons/688needs
a projects/ - main category in discourse > Isn’t this the Funding
category? Then we can just rename it and take some of the pressure out
of it.transparency in cooperations may be reduced regarding contracts, etc. (money is our thing, we can make it transparent)
Adrien
get clarity on what is the rhythm of meetingsget a short update what has happened in the last 15 days (SSEDAS, CHEST)
SSEDAS:October is to get clarity about scope,start develop SSEDAS taxonomiescheck which SSEDAS partners are really in

Texts have licencing issues. Short text is difficult to get; probably no long text needed.


##tue 2015-10-06 | 12:00 CEST
Michael, Josef, Adrien
Excused: Gualter (his daugter is ill)

1. What have I done since our last meeting?

Michael

  • Wrote update about Tile servers, as MapQuest has changed their Terms of Service: https://discourse.transformap.co/t/information-on-tile-servers/697- Sent out monkey invitation to both Mailing lists.
    Josef
  • prepared the draft for the terms of reference to be discussed with Alessa today, right after that meeting at 12:30 https://docs.google.com/document/d/107LEs4pe4LTxVLtZ9qL9vTy0XKIHnIOIH0oytqYcUuk/edit (it got revised by Michael Maier, to be open enough, and clear enough)- investigated image issues: https://discourse.transformap.co/t/enquiry-host-images-in-wikimedia-commons/688/20- worked on 15MMM budget stuff, paying or preparing Silke, Jon, Gualter, Michael- Early draft for the Get Active and ecobytes contract for chest
    Adrien
  • not much in relation to the sprint, but get up to date with discourse- think about the process about the categories renaming-
    got accepted with Jon to present TransforMap at the first int.
    Conference on Urban Commons in Bologne in November (6.7.) (Silke will
    also be there)deadline for paper: Oct 25th - so it will take a lot of Adriens time. Travel costs covered, but not the registration fee
    Gualter
  • took part on some discussions on discourse- general infrastructure work on Ecobytes (only marginally related to TransforMap)- joined the maps and global transformap mailing lists (finally!)-
    got a paper (only abstract until now) on “Cyberautonomy and learning
    webs” accepted for a special issue on “Degrowth and Technology” of the
    Journal of Cleaner Production. TransforMap will be mentioned on it, and
    the topic is related also to the working-learning process, so I’ll
    provide more info for discussion on this at a later phase

2. What will I do until the next meeting?

Michael

  • continueing with SSEDAS overview https://discourse.transformap.co/t/ssedas-overview/695/3- Send out the finalized date for monkey project roadmap meeting, and a poll for the next meeting focused on joining new people.-
    Write a Discourse post [proposal] about: “The transformation of
    different distributed datasets (maps) not knowing of each other into
    linked datasets with distributed attributes”“How
    to get all (or some of) the maps collected in our map DB into
    TransforMap” - presenting the migration process from your own DB to
    TransforMap
    - Write a Discourse post about the implications of OSM’s Open Database License if not using OSM as main Geo-DB- get some knowledge about DBpedia- Next Big task: Asheville import
    Josef

  • skype meeting with Alessa to clarify (pad of all meetings with Inkota: https://text.allmende.io/p/SSEDAS_Inkota_calls )- Try to finish the last ToR- starting taxonomy process on topic of food and agriculture: getting some ideas of shared workflows- ask Alessa to collect images with the respective open license-- develop next steps for the communication with SSEDAS (is that right?)- SSEDAS: is it called Susy now?- See how I can make that 200€ possible for the Bologna Conference (possibly for Jon as well)
    Adrien:

    • Work out a proposal for process on renaming top categories
  • work on paper: first idea on planning writing including sharing with
    core group for feedback. So it is the paper for Bologna, but as well is a
    contributing part for the overall development for TransforMap.

Gualter:

  • joining the monkey meeting (when?)- clearing up my past accounting with TransforMap (invoicing, travels)- writing about the scrum process of our team- assessing the need for a scrum review meeting (for readjusting stories/tasks/priorities)- following and commenting on technological framework proposals for TransforMap (esp. related to CHEST/SSEDAS)-
    prepare an abstract for my intervention on technology at the seminar
    "Forschungsperspektiven für eine Postwachstumsgesellschaft" -
    TransforMap strongly present, will post the abstract on Discourse for
    review

3. What is blocking me from moving forward/doing things as planned?

Michael:

  • SSEDAS not fully specified.- a lot depends on the results of the monkey roadmap meeting- need some money before the month ends :wink:
    Josef:

    • invested lot of time into categories in Discourse.
    • invested time in getting clarity in understanding further how to take decisions together.
    • need more time and trust and focus (“what is the next step”)
  • when is the next sprint? from travel distances, time, budget, meeting
    in Witzenhausen is problematic and could be done partially online, when
    Jon, Michael, Josef are together in Austria. Someone could also come.

Adrien:
- replugging itself into the process, has to catch up a lot of stuff in Discourse

  • Writing the paper for the Conference in Bologna in November will take
    a lot of time, it also get´s priority as part of the first PhD-paper to
    be delivered soon
    • 200 € for the conference fee at the conference in Bologna (very likely covered by TransforMap)

Gualter:
- still didn’t manage to make a synthesis of the TransforMap process and the role of scrum on it
- unclear on CHEST procedure/workflow
- daugther ill, me also not at 100% health

Feedback wished on:
Bildrechte für Imports klären - everything OK, questions?


##fri 2015-10-dd | hh:mmCEST
attending:
excused:
Michael: Sorry, cant make it, have to catch train!

1. What have I done since our last meeting?

Josef:
- don´t have any update from last time. - Call with Alessa yesterday was postponed by her to next tuesday 11:30.

2. What will I do until the next meeting?

Josef:
- all that was to do until this meeting.

3. What is blocking me from moving forward/doing things as planned?

Josef:
- need to get stuff done.


Fri 16 Oct 12:08:23 CEST 2015
did not happen, just Michael was there


##tue 2015-10-20 | 12:00CEST
attending: Michael Maier, Josef Kreitmayer, Gualter Baptista
excused: Jon Richter, probably recovering form the intense Degrowth Infra-Hack-Week

1. What have I done since our last meeting?

Michael

Josef:
getting clarity about where to live - but went good :slight_smile:
finished Terms of Reference for SSEDAS
finished contract between ecobytes & getactive for CHEST
other SSEDAS stuff, clarifications for SSEDAS
global south partners not clear yetcall with Michael about money transfer to Michael
Gualter
was in Budapest hackathon - preparation for Degrowth 2016worked a lot on single sign onapart from that not much for TransforMap

2. What will I do until the next meeting?

Gualter:
- set up framadata or dudl for 2nd sprint meeting
- going trough the CHEST contract to get things going as soon as possible
- call josef to get fcf fully closed financially
- post the meeting in witzenhausen in discourse and on the mailing list

Michael

  • start Excel sheet with external consultant- continuing the Asheville import - finish MMM (visual correction is needed in Umap)- 2nd Monkey meeting on thursday, hope to get clarification on roadmap
    Josef:
    • finish contract work with ecobytes
    • finish the frame for having budget discussions for CHEST
    • getting clarity on the image imports by testing with inkota
    • other SSEDAS stuff
    • fill gualter’s doodle for Witzenhausen
    • call CHEST for getting clarity on monetary flows
    • produce import template “how to” and pass it on to michael for communicating with budapest crew.

3. What is blocking me from moving forward/doing things as planned?

Gualter:
- too many loose ends
- Cannot commit until the end of the month, as there is still many other topics open, that need to be closed before.
- Need to find date for scrum retrospective and planning meeting. Next week could probably work.

Michael:
- Blocked until end of the weekend by Elevate Festival.
- Need to discuss sketches with Jon in person.
- lack of Money :wink:

Josef:
- short feedback from Gualter needed on CHEST contracting
- unclear on whether Get Active needs to check on Ecobytes way of contracting

Information on Taiga:
anyone can post issues, they can taken into the sprint and promoted to user stories


##fri 2015-10-23 | 12:00CEST
attending:
excused: Josef is at a meeting

1. What have I done since our last meeting?

Josef:
- draft and feedback implementation of the Get Active - ecobytes contract
- sent and received last partner questionnaire from SSEDAS https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZQtdS4QwV9g-pAjT6aoI5UgAHxONUCBHfqYsou2z-Js/edit?usp=sharing
- pre-final draft of ToR for the SSEDAS Initiative-Map: https://docs.google.com/document/d/107LEs4pe4LTxVLtZ9qL9vTy0XKIHnIOIH0oytqYcUuk/edit#heading=h.1ldflvf5fw5l (open for commenting)
- clarified with Inkota and Fairwatch their needs for the Stakeholder-Map.
- pre-final draft of ToR for the SSEDAS Stakeholder-Map https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p5Dkzs38lcbVGfzV5oHd4Z6dIbTi2XIY6Z6IZKi0kOY/edit#
- Call with Alessa / Inkota

2. What will I do until the next meeting?

Josef:
- finalize ToRs, as that is required by Inkota to revise it by thursday (want it delivered by monday)
- finalize Ecobytes Contract with Gualter
- work on further homework to SSEDAS Inkota (see here on the bottom): https://text.allmende.io/p/SSEDAS_Inkota_calls
- Train bookings for Witzenhausen

3. What is blocking me from moving forward/doing things as planned?

Josef:
- would very much apprechiate feedback on the ToRs
- hope to find good solution for Get Active and Ecobytes
- Clarification, that Witzenhausen Meeting is set, so I can book tickets: Sprint retrospective and planning meeting


##tue 2015-10-27 | 12:00CEST
attending:
MichaelJosefexcused:

1. What have I done since our last meeting?

Michael
some Discourse answersbooking for WitzenhausenEngineering Meeting on Th. 22.10. - log: https://text.allmende.io/p/engineering_meeting_Oct22th
Josef

The ToRs for SSEDAS are finished and with Inkota for review, before
they go to the Steering committee (linked above in last standup)- The partners of SSEDAS are 90% evaluated- An open questions collection for SSEDAS is started- Trains to Witzenhausen are booked and paid- Ecobytes contract is generally finished, but needs further clarification

2. What will I do until the next meeting?

Michael
Tue 14:00 Meeting for Excel sheet with colleguehope to continue Asheville importtelco with Thomas Schwab from GreenMap Munich (Fr 30th)Next engineering Meeting on Th, 29.10.
Josef

  • Contact Chest for clarifications concerning freelancing and the Ecobytes sub-contract- skype with Inkota about ToR feedback- Skype with agriculture-cluster people from SSEDAS- defining thematic clusters for SSEDAS- going through open Sprint topics: https://tree.taiga.io/project/transformap/taskboard/transformapsolikon- draft CHEST budget sheet for getting discussions going- further Inkota homework

3. What is blocking me from moving forward/doing things as planned?

Michael

  • we need decisions in the engineers circle about databases (and APIs)
    Josef
  • for the financial stuff, I am somewhat insecure to engage PNO, but once that is done, I think that will get flowing-
    some unclarity on allignment. Jon mentioned SSEDAS as “…SSEDAS … da
    es sich dabei um ein externes Projekt handelt, welches zwar in
    TransforMap hineinspielt, jedoch nicht von TransforMap, sondern von Get
    Active ausgeht.” https://discourse.transformap.co/t/proposal-add-transformap-email-addresses-for-projects/425/12 That got me quite confused about our allignment.-
    need to pay Michael and Jon, at the same time make sure, that is a
    working condition, and will be accepted for the final CHEST report and
    budgeting

Post Witzenhausen November Sprint

Date: 04 Nov 2015-04 Dec 2015
Team: @alabaeye, @almereyda, @gandhiano, @josefkreitmayer, @species

##fri 2015-11-13| 12:00 CET
attending: Gualter, Josef, Jon, Michael
excused:

1. What have I done since our last meeting?

Michaelnearly finished with the Import template spreadsheet, see https://datengarten.allmende.io/index.php/apps/files/?dir=%2FTransforMap%2FProjects%2FSSEDAS%2FImports%2FImport%20Templatea lot of discourse stuffgot Money from GetActive (€1500)
Jonbasically finished the architecture - link?
Jon

  • Kind of finished the architecture.

Josef- skype call with SSEDAS sterring comitee - looks good :-)did not yet agree on Terms of Reference - just a few clarifications neededTaxonomy: we need to have a look at something they have developedis between Alessa an Josef / files are in Projects - SSEDAS - Taxonomy - SSE Definitions / Task is here: - Email to Alessa about funding and contract - want to finish by ent of Nov- News from CHEST: request for publishing, request for contract: https://discourse.transformap.co/t/important-chest-dissemination-actions-for-call-3-projects/754- Transferred money to Ecobytes and Michael
Gualtersent invoice for 1st installmentscheduled meeting with accountant for making contract with Jonworked/discussed on publishing a calendarfixing a bug, if we would like to use the co-munity calendar

2. What will I do until the next meeting?

Gualter:- publish and replace the scrum pad- deal with pending invoices on FCF and travel costs for 15mmm- move forward on task #174 and have a propper meeting calendar published- send call for governance circle meeting / dudl)
Josefwill prepare documents for funding circle meeting: https://discourse.transformap.co/t/1st-funding-circle-hamsters-meeting/769handle the incoming CHEST request for publishing dissimination actions: getting the contracts for SSEDAS readywrite Taiga entry for SSEDAS to Michael

Michaelnew Issue: write SSEDAS workpackages out of ToR.I take a look at the (which?) alternatives: https://tree.taiga.io/project/transformap/task/187 editdata.org, growrows.com, dat-data.comstart https://tree.taiga.io/project/transformap/task/185 “Test data refinement with GitHub” start writing the manual for the bulk imports - start by finding out, how to use GitHub with Windows
Jonwill document, what he drafted up this week regarding "the architecture"
Jon

  • Needs to be documented what’s written above.

3. What is blocking me from moving forward/doing things as planned?

Michael:
personal Stuff, probably getting sick, living in parents place, nothing we can help on

Jon:
waiting for clarity on money transfers

Josef:
dissimination thingy, don’t know if I have a mandate to to it.
solution: - get relevant information- drafting the stuff, - put on discourse in "community with date to object or request ammendments (48 hours for small document excl. weekend)- after that date, go for ithttps://discourse.transformap.co/t/important-chest-dissemination-actions-for-call-3-projects/754- clarity on workpackages ToR are clear now in technical aspects (Michael will write workpackages out of ToR -> taiga issue will be created)

##tue 2015-11-17| 12:00 CET
attending: Gualter, Josef, Michael, Adrien
excused:

1. What have I done since our last meeting?

Michael:

* spreadsheet in Excel, but not fully working, will propose that partners install Libreoffice
  • #187 check data refinement interfaces, task is finished
    (documentation/results of analysis is in comment; ideally present
    alternatives advantage/disadvantage to Discourse)

  • started testing GITHUB client for windows (not yet finished)
    Josef:

    • reading about how to define roles and a goal
    • coincidently met Sabine from SC of SSEDAS and talk about time, deliverables and focus

Gualter:

* Transition Valleys workshop on Transformap
* Replying on issues issue :)

Adrien:
* Landing back home
* Presentation and workshop about Transformap and mapping on Transition Valleys

2. What will I do until the next meeting?

Michael:

  • #185 Test data refinement with GitHub, integrate this into:
  • #186 Create a text tutorial for bulk data importing

Josef:

will prepare documents for funding circle meeting: https://discourse.transformap.co/t/1st-funding-circle-hamsters-meeting/769handle the incoming CHEST request for publishing dissimination actions: getting the contracts for SSEDAS readywrite Taiga entry (issue) for SSEDAS to MichaelHaver personal conversations with members on the team

Gualter:

  • publish and replace the scrum pad- deal with pending invoices on FCF and travel costs for 15mmm- move forward on task #174 and have a propper meeting calendar published- send call for governance circle meeting / dudl)
    Adrien:

  • mediate between Jon and Josef and other people in a possible conflict, if wished for (it is from side of josef) to de-escalate- enable personal dalogue

3. What is blocking me from moving forward/doing things as planned?

Michael:

- still need to recover from flu and personal issues (therefor less time for transformap)

Josef:

- feeling that we are disaligned as team
- unclarity on how CHEST and SSEDAS combine
  • fear that we are approaching SSEDAS in a way which is not good for
    us: investing too much on processing imports, esp. quality checks
    (Michael being “blocked” on such tasks, while his expertise is needed
    elsewhere); collision of interests towards the common interest of
    TransforMap; big danger of not seeing SSEDAS as one part of the bigger
    scope of CHEST and SSEDAS and CHEST combined as ways to fulfill, what we
    want to achive with TransforMap

    wants to have a meeting to discuss this questions, ideally this week

Gualter:

- feeling that we are disaligned as team
- everyone is just pushing a bit in the one direction, and the other in another
- not reaching for a common outcome
- blocked as he expected more input from Jon on a degrowth work package
  • left working alone, needing to work on ruby, as on a team someone was
    very motivated to do Ruby, and now those people that were very
    motivated are not available any more, and now the person left has

  • everyone is pushing to a certain technological option, but from an
    individual standpoint, and not from the aspect of capacity of the team

  • if we try to get the newest technology all the time, we will get
    lost, as we alltogether do not have the capacity to handle it; using new
    technology requires a lot of overhead in training/learning, etc., that
    is taken focus from the stories away

    • we need more pragmatism, to get stuff done (check on things, to get to the end of the month with results)
    • if we are just in our technological alternatives a,b,c we will not make anything
    • 1st installment transfer not arrived yet; but Jon already paid - account critical :confused:

Adrien:

- current atmosphere is blocking me
- remote work, with quite some question being quite open makes it hard to push for a clear direction
- the workshop in Witzenhausen was frustrating not to have a tool to ask people to put in their data (as points)
- Editor would come very late in the plan
- not a technician, depends on the technicians to have an editor and so
- imports require a lot of work and needs ok by osm community
- frustration, that the editor is so very much in the end
- we cannot involve normal people to involve them in mapping 
- same problem as last year, no easy editor to put in easy data
- not convinced about our method to try to make the big shot from the beginning, and do it incremental
- setting him back, as there is a lot of energy drawn by to big to early and not building from small
- remote collaboration misses alignment

Solutions:
- have a conversation as soon as possible
- re-evaluate technical objectives and time
- editor has been reduced significantly in budget, which needs to be re-visited

that might come from not having enough capacity for that in the team,
but want to pay the people in the team. How do we enable us to get the
right qualified people to do the work we need- might need to re-consider the parts that are for employments and for subcontracting e.g. for UI- evaluate external editors- may consider paying some Umap developers to do a fork - should evaluate different projects to fork an editor- our team has quality on the data-level, not so much on the interface level- integrate an developer from Karte from Morgen ? When there is time to integrate the editor- editor might get earlier priority- do people have time, do they have will, when can we expect people that are capable on stuff, the core-team is not capable of- estimation to do editor in beta takes 3 months (michael)- take decisions, where we put our innovations tokens, and where we use available stuff

get the quality checkups for house-number accuracy distributed
we need to re-asses the whole plan

  • big discussion: what is the part of SSEDAS
  • SSEDAS is not TransforMap, but built to be comptabile with TransforMap
  • Adrien kind of stepped back from SSEDAS
  • SSEDAS needs not to be developed as core infrastructure, but as one of the partners
  • have a quality criteria check, that is done by users. - Enable the User community to work the data in the map.

open the discussion:
- open the pandora post
- why do we choose OSM?
- why do we import into OSM?

##fr 2015-11-20| 12:00 CET
attending: Josef, Michael, Gualter

1. What have I done since our last meeting?

Michael
Tested the GitHub desktop client for Windows - it works, but haven’t written any documentation/tutorial yet.wrote the SSEDAS Work Packages
Josef

  • worked an an ammendment for the SSEDAS Terms of Reference with Alessa.no countries in the global southPublic editor becomes a MUST-criteriaSpecifications about the taxonomy development framework- worked with Alessa on the SSEDAS taxonomy development process- communication with CHEST aboutIntegration of Ecobytes in the description on their website

Gualter

  • published scrum standups from last sprint on discourse- dealt with invoices from fcf- looking into the calendar system, #174 - learned some Ruby and proper deployment workflows with GitLab/dokku

2. What will I do until the next meeting?

Michael: - #185 Test data refinement with GitHub, integrate this into: - #186 Create a text tutorial for bulk data importing

Josef

  • Send dissemination strategy to CHEST today

Gualter

  • move forward on task #174 and have a propper meeting calendar published- send call for governance circle meeting / dudl)- send proposal asap for next retrospective and sprint planning meetings (online, approx. 12 hours in 3 hours blocks)

3. What is blocking me from moving forward/doing things as planned?

Michaelprivate stuffstill recovering from the coldmissing taiga issues for things he had to do
Josef

  • can’t put stuff on the website, no access or knowledge of how to publish- no common understanding, on how tasks in Taiga are assigned. (Pick what you like?)- have no propper way to put new developments on Taiga-
    Gualter
  • Blocked with Degrowth deployment/debugging- yesterday working with Jon at degrowth deployment

TUE 2015-11-24 |12:00CET

attending:
excused:
Michaelforgot to excuse: Gualter

1. What have I done since our last meeting?

Michaelnothing in the sprint, was blocked with private stuff, and was still half sick
Gualter:
called the governance circle to meetlearned to do deployment with git and dokkuwriting
paper on learning webs for Journal of Cleaner Production (Degrowth
& Technology special issue), also with Transformap case study: https://stackedit.allmende.io/editor#!provider=couchdb&id=3F9qBXIh1tGpSQghnKdiqTId

2. What will I do until the next meeting?

Michael   -  #185 Test data refinement with GitHub, integrate this into:    - #186 Create a text tutorial for bulk data importing

Gualter:
further with calendar #174find dates for next sprint retro/planning meetingfind out where/who has the roadmap/user stories? https://discourse.transformap.co/t/roadmap-and-user-stories-from-solikon-2015/622/3continue writing paper, if evening time allows

3. What is blocking me from moving forward/doing things as planned?

Gualter:

had more time wasted on the degrowth conference project, learning ruby and dokku more than I estimated I neededright
now nothing special, except that I usually end up having the children
on times I was not supposed to have (but they are sweet and don’t really
disturb much anymore when I need to work, so basically what I’m doing
is adapting to the new contexts)
::: Template end.


FRI 2015-11-27 |12:00 CET

attending:
excused:
later: Gualter

1. What have I done since our last meeting?

Gualter:

being happy that Jon found both the roadmap and contact list from the Solikon workshopasking/commenting on the mailing lists issuestarted to write article about Scrum (#220 https://tree.taiga.io/project/transformap/task/220 )

2. What will I do until the next meeting?

Gualter
find dates for next sprint retro/planning meetingupgrade Open Atrium on co-munity so that iCal calendar fix is there (#174)continue, and try to finish writing post about scrumschedule the governance circle meetingpushing for quick resolution of the mailing lists issue

3. What is blocking me from moving forward/doing things as planned?

Gualter
Where
are our team members? Feeling the overall motivation/commitment is too
low at the moment > should open a call to extend/rebuild our team by
January?only one person replied to the call for governance
participation > missing mailing lists for broader dissemination, we
need them back ASAP!

TUE 2015-12-01 |12:00CET

attending: Jon, Josef, Gualter
excused: Michael

1. What have I done since our last meeting?

Michael
only a short text discussion with Jon, showed me his latest diagrams (see taiga log), but didn’t understand themwas blocked by other projects
Jon

  • A lot of conversation with Kei and Thomas about how TransforMap becomes irrelevant if it doesn’t provide value to its users.- Sleeping half the weeks to save physical resources- Mapping the Mappings and Documentation decisions- #71 US: Hypermedia API- #206 Task: Assessment of Geodatabases- Last Week:Preparation, Performance and Evaluation of two public eventsparticipation in EC Research Workshop, Networking w/ W3C + OKF
    Josef:

    • clarify/acknowledge terms of service;
  • started the social process for developing the tags with the SSEDAS
    partners (most want to do it only in January); finding who wants to
    engage on taxonomy development

    • sent out CHEST dissemination strategy

Gualter:
- creating a calendar to try out soon
- governance call invitation; to be closed and decided soon
- send travel costs 15MMM to frauke

2. What will I do until the next meeting?

Josef:

  • SSEDAS quotes and contracts- Financial questions- tasks from the board
    Michael

  • #185 Test data refinement with GitHub, integrate this into:- #186 Create a text tutorial for bulk data importing
    Jon

  • Align CHEST + SSEDAS deliverables w/ roadmap, budgets and possible buckets and partners- reallign current perspective on CHEST and SSEDAS (to be still in preparation phase in 2015 to prepare for production in 2016)- create interaction points with the outside community to open up to become a real open source project- Tasks associated to me on https://tree.taiga.io/project/transformap/taskboard/post-witzenhausen-november-sprint- work on the task associate to Jon until the 4th of dec.
    Gualter:

  • scedule governance and sprint meeting- try to work on remaining tasks assigend in Taiga- publish Scrum report on discourse

3. What is blocking me from moving forward/doing things as planned?

Michael
finding a new flat is getting urgent, need to solve that first.
Jon:

  • has to think about so many questions about the process/project management:- scrum methodology itself is kind as separator between us, and we talk about what should be done how, but not do things- don´t have the feeling, that we work towards the same common goal-
    scrum being the non-plus-ultra organizationform, we are not having the
    real technical discussions, as we focus on user stories and come from
    different backgrounds, this not being a governance issue, not a decision
    making issue, but how to design web services. - we are currently really bad at having a common understanding of how to create web services and then create - the scrum just started again without being revised again as general practice but does not - we should not close ourselves from the community- we could have shorter sprints, create quicker iterations and more positive feedback- having to think about this questions, is blocking Jon from what he should be doing- always having to get permission for everything by everyone slows down the whole process- lack of agreement of each specs (spending so much time in saying no to each other, it is tiring)- No clear financial support

Josef:

  • I want to use- Skype (proprietary Application) for community stuff, it works great in SSEDAS- Hangouts? (proprietary Web service, Links to calls, even in advance)- our implementation of Scrum method doesn’t help (started another board > another space to look up)- same time: questions here are quite good. really relevant stuff doesn’t get done.- Focus on Scrum; dynamic, involvement w/ the community gets ignored > renders things too simple- Complexity is not reduced to a simple form (like circles and decision making procedures + structures) > to get things done-
    uncomfortable to publish, to help and facilitate conversations is “out
    of the window” > as answers to offers will be No, or let’s do
    something else rather than “Yes, good idea, let’s do it!”- deeply unhappy- lack of connection with the team- having to get permission for everything from everyone slows down the process- Meeting in Berlin, team was running wild, how to engage; last year in August- no clarity who would decide what (no roles and circles specified)- feeling of disempowerement

Gualter:

  • Time Blocking with Degrowh Conference- feeling, the team is very split appart-
    we don’t have: working at the same time would be good, and at least
    certain time in the week we are synchronized via pidgin (or the other
    stuff)- a lot of async comms- easy problems, that can be handled in a very short time, if communicating together, but take very long as we are asynchronous- lack of synchronous problem solving (few hours instead of days or weeks to answer)- No Mailing list > No one answers the governance call- place to address issues that are incoming during a sprint- Gualter finds it good, that Josef is disempowered > sociotechnical development shouldn’t have to care about governance- not having clarity on what we should be delivering- no user interaction, instead focussing on backend designs and governance questions- everyone on the team is depressed, in difficult life situation. not a good working environment

https://gitter.im/TransforMap
irc://irc.freenode.net/#transformap

Question: do agreement on specs move forward despite difficulties, or is there the feeling that it basically stays stale?

Proposals - what should we do next:

User Stories should be more formulated for development
Contracts:- 60% development- 40% spec, community, issues
Jon:- Shorter iterations and less scrum- calling the thing scrum- following the whole scrum procedure- acknowledge the more complex social dynamics- allow others to take part in decision making processes- acknowledge the difficulty in working together in the different work modes and background we come from - acknowledge, that we already came a long way together even with our different stories and understandings
Josef:- only technical developments on Scrum- big mistake to not open up community work to the - sic! - community- big mistake to do other stuff than technical in scrum
Gualter:- Scrum board is open enough- Rather guide- Reflecting on things before even starting to do them- two stories already:- publish post about test scrum- define regular workflows- just creating technical space to engage- circles are there, but not active- sees it as part of scrum

A post was split to a new topic: Scrum FAQ