So over the last months I stayed at a safe distance of the various technical discussions. Now I think the time has come for me to understand what is the latest thinking on the socio-technical architecture proposed by Transformap so that I can communicate about it efficiently.
- Is there a place that already document this in a comprehensive, but simple, way (understand ‘for dummies’)?
- If not I believe it would be very valuable to do so, maybe by iteration. @almereyda could start, @gandhiano could iterate…
People around are often asking me about this and I can’t answer them (like today Yannick Duthe from Assemblée Virtuelle).
Here are some questions to get you started:
- what will be the role of the API in connection with the bigger picture? where does it take the data from? where does it put? In what way does it transform it?
- how will the filter maker tool work? how is connected to the API?
- what is the position of OSM in this architecture?
- what is the position of Wikidata in this architecture?
- what does it take to connect my map (and database) to the Transformap API?