I would describe the current status of the OSM proposal as "on hold", because there are major “construction sites” in the proposal that have to be cleared up before we can propose tags:
- we have to split up the needs into direct and indirect (provides/topic)
direct/indirect share no longer the same entries, e.g. air
- because the needs are matching parts of the OSM tagging system, Many OSM tags imply some needs (e.g. restaurants imply fulfil_needs:food) This relations have to be put in a database (the proposed TransforMap Taxonomy database) - to have an API where computers can fetch these implications is crucial for not “double-tag” properties. So before the needs can be proposed the Taxonomy DB must work.
- For using the Taxonomy DB, we need links for every need to Wikipedia via Wikidata.
We need examples for every need (as already done with identities).
For mode of interaction, we also need examples, Wikipedia article links and the Taxonomy DB.
The identities need to be split up into official networks like GEN or Transition, and into less strictly defined movements like commons or degrowth.
And to be honest, I'm not sure if should store some of the more loosely defined tags like the movements in our own Extra-Tag-DB instead of OSM. But this has to be discussed with the OSM community once we are clear which of the identities are “established networks” and which are movements.
I am very sure that the sections 4 and 5 are a good candidate for our Extra-Tag-DB instead of OSM.
I would be very happy if the Taxonomy Team would continue to work on the proposal.
Unfortunately, I for myself are busy within the monkey team at the moment :-/
So, I would prioritize the next todos:
- split up identities, and propose at least the 'networks'
- collect examples and Wikipedia articles for the interactions
- refine the split up of the needs
- collect examples and Wikipedia/Wikidata entries for the direct and indirect needs.
Before the interactions and needs can be finally proposed into OSM, we unfortunately are blocked until the monkeys to get the Taxonomy DB up and running :-/
Thanks for the good work until now!